MotoGP SBK Parc Ferme Fan Forum : Valentino Rossi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Bruce Lee Operation Dragon Film Complet Francais
Valentino Rossi press articles EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 12:26 am by wernefron

» I love valentino Rossi!
Valentino Rossi press articles EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:02 am by SmithJay

» Philosophical perceptions and methodologies for greater developments
Valentino Rossi press articles EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 4:29 am by Sienna

» Rossi's '01,'02,'03,'04,'05,'08, & '09 titles.
Valentino Rossi press articles EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:22 pm by lm240specz

» Valentino Rossi photo's
Valentino Rossi press articles EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 3:45 pm by Captain Keyes

» James Toseland's Pics
Valentino Rossi press articles EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 3:41 am by Mrs James Toseland

» James Toseland
Valentino Rossi press articles EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 1:50 pm by Mrs Fizz To52land

» Nicky Hayden photo's
Valentino Rossi press articles EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 2:26 pm by Mrs Fizz To52land

» Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1
Valentino Rossi press articles EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 11:37 am by Mrs James Toseland

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of MotoGP SBK Parc Ferme Fan Forum : Valentino Rossi on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Affiliates
free forum

Poll

Valentino Rossi press articles

+7
jazmin
mkatta
valegirl46
Rossilover
tammerz
vromantik
Admin
11 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Valentino Rossi press articles Empty Valentino Rossi press articles

Post by Admin Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:23 am

Valentino Rossi press articles J108
Valentino Rossi

2008 will be a massive season for Valentino Rossi and Yamaha, as the Italian legend looks to bounce back from two consecutive title defeats and clinch his sixth premier-class world crown.

Rossi's World Championship debut came at the Malaysian Grand Prix in 1996 and he finished his first international season in 9th place with one race win. The following year he became the youngest ever rider to win the 125cc World Championship, winning eleven races along the way with Aprilia. The pattern continued when he moved into the 250cc class, taking second place in his first year before becoming World Champion in 1999, once again with Aprilia.

In 2000 he entered a new phase of his career when he joined forces with Honda in the 500cc class. He proved his worth once again by finishing second, before becoming the last ever 500cc World Champion in 2001. Rossi held onto his crown for the next four consecutive seasons, taking the MotoGP World title in 2002 and 2003, before moving to Yamaha and winning again in 2004 and 2005.

Rossi made history by moving to Yamaha in 2004 and winning the season-opening Grand Prix in South Africa, becoming the first rider in the history of the sport to win back-to-back premier class races for different manufacturers. He went on to win nine out of 16 races, finally clinching the world championship title, Yamaha's first for 12 years, with victory at the penultimate grand prix in Phillip Island. A final win at the Valencia Grand Prix also ensured that the Yamaha Factory Team won the team title.

Rossi followed up that triumph with a season of unprecedented success in 2005, when he successfully defended the title once again with a total of eleven race wins and five pole positions - only finishing off the podium once.

But the Rossi/Yamaha dream ended dramatically in 2006, when technical problems, accidents and injuries combined to hand Honda's Nicky Hayden the title at the very final round. Rossi had fought back from a massive mid-season points deficit to lead heading into the season finale, but then fell in the early stages of the race - gifting the title to Hayden.

Rossi and Yamaha were expected to restore order during the first season of 800cc competition, but both - like the rest of the paddock - were caught completely off guard by Casey Stoner, Ducati and Bridgestone. Stoner and his powerful Desmosedici beat Rossi to victory in the Qatar season opener and rarely showed a weakness thereafter, while Rossi's M1 remained underpowered and his Michelin tyres were rarely a match for the Bridgestones.

A disappointing season ended on a further low when Rossi broke his hand during qualifying for the Valencia season finale, then suffered a mechanical breakdown on race day - allowing Dani Pedrosa to steal second in the championship.

With one year left on his Yamaha contract, Rossi indicted his determination to regain the crown by splitting from Michelin to join Stoner on Bridgestone tyres in 2008 - a decision that has forced the Fiat Yamaha pit garage to be split in two, with new team-mate Jorge Lorenzo staying on Michelins.

Despite his recent troubles Rossi, who turns 29 in February 2008, is now just six wins behind the legendary Giacomo Agostini's all-time record of 68 and he remains the youngest rider to have won world championships in all three classes. Rossi continues to have the support of his long-standing crew chief, Jeremy Burgess, who moved from Honda to work with him at Yamaha.

2007: 3rd, MotoGP World Championship
2006: 2nd, MotoGP World Championship
2005: MotoGP world champion
2004: MotoGP world champion
2003: MotoGP world champion
2002: MotoGP world champion
2001: 500 MotoGP world champion
2000: 2nd, 500 MotoGP World Championship
1999: 250 GP world champion
1998: 2nd, 250 MotoGP World Championship
1997: 125 GP world champion
1996: 9th, 125 MotoGP World Championship
1995: 125cc Italian Champion
1994: 125cc Italian Sports Production Champion
1993: 3rd - 125cc Italian Sports Production Championship
1992: Regional Minimoto Champion
1991: 4th - Italian Junior Go-Kart Championship
1990: Regional Go-Kart Championship - 9 wins
1989: First Go-Kart Race

END OF 2007.
STARTS: N/A
WINS: 88 (62 - 500CC/MOTOGP, 14 - 250CC, 12 - 125CC)
POLES: 49 (39 - 500CC/MOTOGP, 5 - 250CC, 5 - 125CC)
FASTEST LAPS: 72 (52 - 500CC/MOTOGP, 11 - 250CC, 9 - 125CC)
DEBUT: RSA 2000 (500CC) /JPN 1998 (250CC) / MAL 1996 (125CC)
DRIVEN FOR: FIAT YAMAHA (2008/2007) / CAMEL YAMAHA (2006) / GAULOISES YAMAHA (2004 - 2005) / REPSOL HONDA (2002 - 2004) / NASTRO AZZURRO HONDA (2000-2001)
Admin
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 186
Forum award points :
Valentino Rossi press articles Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100Valentino Rossi press articles Right_bar_bleue

Mood : Valentino Rossi press articles Thbla10
Registration date : 2008-10-11

https://parcferme.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Valentino Rossi press articles Empty Re: Valentino Rossi press articles

Post by Admin Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:24 am

Valentino Rossi press articles P1
Admin
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :
Valentino Rossi press articles Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100Valentino Rossi press articles Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:41 am

Valentino Rossi press articles 168y5tu
Admin
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:42 am

Valentino Rossi press articles IMG_5446
Admin
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :

Back to top Go down

Post by vromantik Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:20 am

Valentino Rossi's hometown lowers speed limit to honor him Shocked
Shocked lol!

Valentino Rossi is the most famous person that was born in the small Italian city of Tavullia, there’s no doubt about it. And to honor him, the local council decided to lower the speed limit to 46 km/h (28 mph), 46 being the racing number of the 8 time MotoGP winner and one of biggest talents in the motorsport world. If you think about it, it’s a little ironic to lower speed limit in honor of a man that is famous for going 200 mph, but still, it’s probably one of coolest honors we’ve ever seen. Beside honoring his career, the town is also very grateful for Valentino’s £500,000 ($870,000) donation, which is actually money claimedby the tax officials, but still, were given as a donation. lol!
A spokesman for the local council said: “We are really happy about the cash and it will be put to very good use. He is the town’s most famous son and it is wonderful that he has given us this money. Changing the speed limit is a fitting tribute to a man who has made his fame and fortune entirely out of his skills on the road.”
vromantik
vromantik

Number of posts : 35
Forum award points :
Valentino Rossi press articles Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Valentino Rossi press articles Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:02 am

i am thinking about getting all of these and putting them in their own thread

how does that sound to everyone?
tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2395
Forum award points :
Valentino Rossi press articles Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100Valentino Rossi press articles Right_bar_bleue

Mood : Valentino Rossi press articles Thcoo10
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossilover Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:30 am

tammerz wrote:i am thinking about getting all of these and putting them in their own thread

how does that sound to everyone?

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Rossilover
Rossilover
Loves Rossi
Loves Rossi

Number of posts : 63
Forum award points :
Valentino Rossi press articles Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Valentino Rossi press articles Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by valegirl46 Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:09 am

There was no mention of Uccio in his article, does anybody else find this interesting?
valegirl46
valegirl46
Vale's lucky charm
Vale's lucky charm

Number of posts : 368
Forum award points :
Valentino Rossi press articles Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Valentino Rossi press articles Right_bar_bleue

Mood : Valentino Rossi press articles Workin10
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by mkatta Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:53 am

I didn't read through the whole thing.
I found this one boring... Sleep
I actually did skim through and didn't see Uccio's name.. it surprised me..
And neither did he mention Guido...

Oh and THANKS a million tammmmez for posting it.. sunny
I think collecting them all would be a great idea..
mkatta
mkatta
Resident ray of sunshine
Resident ray of sunshine

Number of posts : 152
Forum award points :

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:55 am

okay that will be my next project

and remember y'all if there is anything i need to bring over just let me know
(if you know where it is that would be helpful)
tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :
Valentino Rossi press articles Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100Valentino Rossi press articles Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by mkatta Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:01 am

Can you bring HeyJoe...
mkatta
mkatta
Resident ray of sunshine
Resident ray of sunshine

Forum award points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jazmin Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:07 am

he didn't mention me either..

skinny whore, I thought he would appreciate my letter and baby pic... Suspect
jazmin
jazmin
Fashionista
Fashionista

Number of posts : 59
Forum award points :
Valentino Rossi press articles Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Valentino Rossi press articles Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by mkatta Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:46 pm

M1 Among The Doc's Favorite Scalpels
by dean adams
Monday, October 20, 2008

Asked recently to list the absolute best motorcycles he has raced in his career, newly-crowned world champion Valentino Rossi says that the current 800cc M1 Yamaha MotoGP racer makes his short list.

Rossi has raced a wide variety of motorcycles in his GP career, from Aprilia 125s and 250s to the Honda NSR500 two-stroke and both Honda and Yamaha's flagship MotoGP machines. He also raced a Superbike--of sorts. Rossi teamed with American Colin Edwards II to race and win the Suzuka Eight Hours endurance race in 2001, sharing a Honda RC51-based endurance bike for that race.

In no certain order, Rossi says that three bikes top his own personal "best of" list: the final version of the '01 NSR500 Honda two-stroke 500 he raced in the last season "Grand Prix"; his 2003 RC211V Honda V-5 and the current Yamaha 800cc racer which features pneumatic valvetrain.

The 2003 RC211V V-5 is the bike that legend has it drove a wedge between Rossi and Honda. Rossi wrote in his book that he requested the bike for his collection, but Honda would not give it to him, a point that in the end led to Rossi meeting with Yamaha and signing with HRC's rival for 2004.

Rossi dramatically silenced any remaining critics in 2004 when he won races and the MotoGP title on the previously thought to be uncompetitive Yamaha M1 990cc racer.
Any thoughts that Rossi would include the '04 M1 Yamaha on his best of list are dismissed with Rossi rolling his eyes and smiling momentarily at the memories of the '04 machine.

"No, many many problems with the 2004 model Yamaha. The 2005 Yamaha was better but the best was this year, 2008 model," he said.
mkatta
mkatta
Resident ray of sunshine
Resident ray of sunshine

Forum award points :

Back to top Go down

Post by nina Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:34 am

valegirl46 wrote:There was no mention of Uccio in his article, does anybody else find this interesting?
do you think its maybe because he employs Uccio not yamaha and he was bigging up yamaha..........
nina
nina
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 120
Forum award points :

Back to top Go down

Post by valegirl46 Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:15 am

Thats a very good point nina, I never thought of that Embarassed
valegirl46
valegirl46
Vale's lucky charm
Vale's lucky charm

Number of posts : 368
Forum award points :

Mood : Valentino Rossi press articles Workin10
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:26 am

Maybe the next one will be about the other boys[/b]
tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Lannabanana46 Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:52 pm

We will have to find out, hopefully it will though, as it is odd Laughing
Lannabanana46
Lannabanana46

Number of posts : 9
Location : Near enough to donington, too far from silverstone :)
Forum award points :

Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:47 pm

MotoGP » Rossi shrugs off Friday fall.
Friday, 24th October 2008

Valentino Rossi 'quite happy' despite a fall at Valencia on Friday.

Valentino Rossi began his quest for a tenth 2008 victory in the Valencia season finale by setting the fourth fastest time during two wet free practice sessions, the second of which saw the Italian slide off his championship winning Fiat Yamaha.

This morning's session was run in very heavy rain and cool temperatures, and Rossi completed just eight laps of the 4km circuit, leaving him in 13th position.

The afternoon saw the rain ease off and the Italian was able make more headway with his wet-weather set-up, completing 21 laps and finishing the session fourth fastest.

Rossi was unhurt when the rear of his M1 spun around on entry to the last corner with 18 minutes to go, sending him sliding into the gravel. After failing to bump start his fallen M1, Rossi later returned to the track on his second bike.

"Today was a difficult day because this track is quite bad when it's wet and cold like this - the asphalt really doesn't give enough grip," said Rossi, who lost the world championship at Valencia in 2006 and was denied second in the 2007 championship when his bike broke down at last year's event.

"This morning I went out just when it started to get really heavy and so I wasn't able to do any good laps, but this afternoon was better.

"In fact I felt good and I was quite fast with the Bridgestone wet tyres, so I think we have good potential if the conditions are like this again.

"Unfortunately I had a small crash at the last corner when I made a mistake and lost the rear, but I wasn't hurt at all and I was able to go back out with a slightly harder tyre and continue to work," he confirmed. "Anyway, we were fourth finally and I am quite happy although we can be faster. Now we have to wait and see the weather for tomorrow."

"Things weren't so bad and Valentino was up there with the fastest riders, but we definitely have a bit more work to do," added team manager Davide Brivio. "He had a small crash when he lost rear grip at the last corner and slid off, but it was very slow and he wasn't hurt. It seems that it's likely that this weather is going to continue, unfortunately, so now we need to put together all the information we gathered today and continue to improve things tomorrow.”

Rossi's team-mate Jorge Lorenzo had a promising opening day at his home race, finishing third in both sessions, whilst Repsol Honda's Nicky Hayden topped the time sheets in both the morning and afternoon.

"It's a pity to be coming to Spain in the rain but anyway we made a good start today and I am quite happy," said Lorenzo, looking to wrap up the 2008 rookie of the year title on Sunday.

"This morning was very wet and it was quite difficult to ride, but this afternoon the conditions were a bit better and I was able to be quite a lot faster and also do some good work on the set-up of my bike. My Michelin tyres are working well in the rain and I think we can make some more progress tomorrow if it's like this again, although of course I hope for sunshine!

"It's nice to be back in Europe but it's very busy for a Spanish rider at Spanish race and I have to have a lot of time for everybody! I have a special livery on my bike, which I like very much; it has the flags of all the countries where I have won and was designed by a member of the public in an Italian competition. It's all of 'Lorenzo's Lands'!"
tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:46 pm

Further information World Title Valentino Rossi

Valentino Rossi

“I think it’s difficult to say, but maybe this is even better than the first championship with Yamaha in 2004. In 2004 I arrived after three championships in a row; the change was very big and no one expected me to win then, not even us to be honest! But this year is great too because I didn’t start as the number one favourite after losing for two years. The taste of this is something special.

“In 2006 I lost because of bad luck; I still won the most races and was the fastest on track for most of the time, but in 2007 Stoner was a lot faster than us and so we got to the end with a big of disadvantage. Winning this championship was very difficult but also very, very important.

“The decision to change to Bridgestone tyres, which I took together with Jeremy, my team and all the Yamaha crew, was very important, as were the changes to the bike because the first 800cc M1 last year was not competitive enough. We spoke a lot during last season and I remember a strange meeting in Valencia last year, me with a broken hand, speaking with Furusawa about 2008. From then we started to work on the improvements for this season. It’s also been important to have the right people in the right place and this year everything has been correct. It’s been step-by-step.

“I think I have made a lot of good decisions this year and we have been competitive from the start. Qatar was the worst race of the season but I knew our potential was good so, although we were a bit worried at that point, we weren’t desperate because we knew if we fixed a few problems we could try to win.

“I grew up a lot in the last two years, because at the end of 2005 I had a great career and I had won all the important targets so far. 125, 250 and then five titles in a row in MotoGP with two different bikes – I felt unbeatable. But in 2006 and 2007 I learnt to lose and this has been very important. I came out much stronger and my level of concentration and effort to win this championship has been higher than ever before.

“This season has had some different periods. At the beginning of the year we had some important results when Bridgestone wasn’t the strongest: Jerez, Portugal and others, and in that period we took a big advantage from Stoner. After Barcelona Casey started to ride like a demon and dominated three races in a row, and then we went to Laguna which was the turning point of the season. Laguna was a real battle and from then on we have flown.

“The show after the race was one of my friends pretending to be a ‘notary’, signing and certificating the eighth championship ‘deed’. It was very exciting to be planning the championship t-shirt and celebration once again with my friends and fan club and the one we came up with is funny I think, it says ‘I’m sorry for the delay!’

“I am very content at Yamaha and this is why I signed for two more years. I had some good offers at other factories, but I already changed bike once and proved everything I wanted to and so there is no need to do that again. Also I am no longer 20 years old and I need a good atmosphere in my team in order to keep me focused and happy, and I have this at Yamaha. The atmosphere in our team, from the Japanese all the way down to the garage is fantastic and this is what makes me want to stay.

“I think 2009 will be even more difficult than this year. Now I am the world champion again and I have demonstrated that I am still very fast; I think I rode the best of my career this year apart from the mistake in Assen, but next year is another story, it depends on how the winter is and how Stoner, Pedrosa and also Lorenzo are next year, as well as the other riders because there are many fast people in this championship. I think it will be a great championship and I’m looking forward to it, but first I want to finish this year and try to win the final three races!

“As I said, there are many strong riders but of course I hope that in the future nobody will win like Valentino Rossi! Maybe my brother Luca will be as strong as me…I wanted to take him on my bike on the celebration lap, but they did not allow it. Maybe I will wait for him to be a MotoGP rider before quitting, then I will beat him in the first year, and then I will stop riding!

“When you are 20 or 22 yrs old, you live everything in a different way. It’s different… In 2000, maybe, I could have won on my debut, but I underestimated myself! In 2001 it was the last chance for me to win in 500, so I gave it my best and did that. In 2001 it was the year of the battle with Biaggi, in 2002 it was the year when everybody said that I won because of my bike, then 2003 was the year of Gibernau, it was hard until the end. They were fantastic years but with Yamaha it is different. I enjoy it more.

“During 2003 I started thinking about Yamaha. Of course I was scared about the new challenge, it was a big question mark. This year, when I tested the new bike and the new tyres, I understood that I could win. In 2004, however, when I tested the new bike I understood we had to work a lot. Sincerely, the feeling of winning in Welkom in 2004 was the strongest emotion of my career; more so than in Laguna Seca this year. The 2005 the M1 was very fast and that one and the 2008 one are the best Yamaha bikes ever.

“I think Stoner next year will be back stronger again, so maybe he is the hardest rival I have ever had, more than Gibernau and all the others I fought against in the past. Last year I was sorry that after so many successful years, some people thought Valentino was finished and Casey was the new Valentino. As I said, until I stop riding a bike, my objective will always be to win. I like this life and I always try to do my best in it.”

Statistiscs on Valentino Rossi's career

In becoming only the second rider ever to win the MotoGP World Championship following a two-year gap, Valentino Rossi has cemented his place amongst the legends of motorcycle racing. A return to the form that won him five consecutive premier-class titles between 2001 and 2005 has seen the Italian reinstated at the very pinnacle of the sport, with a host of career milestones reached along the way.

Here is a full list of Rossi’s historic MotoGP achievements in 2008:

Rossi has joined Giacomo Agostini as one of only two riders to have taken six or more premier-class World Championships.

Rossi is only the second rider to regain the premier-class title after a two year gap – the other rider to do this was also Agostini.

This is Rossi’s eighth world title across all classes. Only Agostini with 15, Angel Nieto, with 13, Mike Hailwood and Carlos Ubbiali, with nine each, have won more.

Rossi is the first rider to win the premier-class title on four different types of motorcycle: 500cc 4-cylinder two-stroke, 990cc 5-cylinder four-stroke, Yamaha 990cc 4-cylinder four-stroke and a Yamaha 800cc 4-cylinder four-stroke.

It is eleven years since Rossi’s first World Championship success in the 125cc class in 1997. The only rider with a longer period between his first and last titles is Angel Nieto, who won the 50cc crown in 1969 and the 125cc equivalent in 1984.

With his 69th career MotoGP win at Indianapolis, Rossi broke Giacomo Agostini’s record for the most premier-class victories; a record that has stood since the legendary Italian’s final victory at the West German Grand Prix in 1976.

With 37 wins, Rossi has had more success with Yamaha than any other factory in his career

Rossi is also Yamaha’s most successful rider, having scored 13 more premier-class wins for the factory than Kenny Roberts.

With three races to go he is the only rider to have scored points in every round of the 2008 season.

Rossi’s sequence of five straight race wins since Laguna Seca is his longest run of wins since 2005, when he also scored five successive victories.

Other facts about Rossi’s career.

In 1997 Rossi became the second youngest ever 125cc World Champion after scoring 321 points and eleven wins.

Two years later, he became the youngest ever 250cc World Champion with nine wins.

In 2001 Rossi joined Phil Read as one of only two riders ever to win the 125cc, 250cc and 500cc titles.

Rossi’s debut victory for Yamaha at the opening race of 2004 in South Africa made him the first rider in history to take back-to-back wins for different manufacturers.

After winning the MotoGP World Championship three times with Honda, Rossi took his fourth premier-class title with Yamaha in 2004 and became the only rider other than Eddie Lawson to win consecutive premier-class titles for different manufacturers.

Valentino Rossi - Career
Nationality: Italian
Born: 16th February 1979 in Urbino, Italy
World Championships: 8 (6 x MotoGP/500cc, 1 x 250cc, 1 x 125cc)
GP victories: 96 (70 x MotoGP/500cc, 14 x 250cc, 12 x 125cc)
GP podiums: 148 (112 x MotoGP/500cc, 21 x 250cc, 15 x 125cc)
GP Pole Positions: 51 (41 x MotoGP/500cc, 5 x 250cc, 5 x 125cc)
First GP: Malaysia, 1996 (125cc)
First GP win: Czech Republic, 1996 (125cc)
GP starts: 207 (146 x MotoGP/50cc, 30 x 250cc, 30 x 125cc)
tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:00 am

Rossi makes positive start on 2009 campaign in Valencia

One day after the final race of his victorious season, MotoGP World Champion Valentino Rossi began working towards the defence of his title with his first day’s testing aboard the 2009 prototype M1. The Italian was third fastest in a time of 1’32.921, quicker than his best lap in yesterday’s race.

Rossi made two runs of six laps each with his 2008 M1 in order to check some settings and also get a feel for the new tyres, as today was the first day of the new mono-brand tyre rule with Bridgestone now the official supplier for all riders. He then made five runs and a total of 28 laps on the new prototype, setting his best time on the second run.

Valentino Rossi - Position: 3rd Time: 1'32.921 Laps: 40

“Today we began work on 2009 and I was able to try the new bike for the first time. It is only the first prototype but my impression of it is very good and it seems they have done a good job. We are working on the engine in order to have more acceleration on the exit from the corner and there is a small change, not enough yet but in the right direction so this is important. We worked on the setting and the weight distribution and I was faster with the new bike so this is good! We need more time to understand the bike and more laps but this is only the first day and it is very positive.

The other ‘big’ thing today of course is the new tyres and I am really happily surprised. This is not the best track to try them at as we don't have so much data for here but anyway they feel very good. I was expecting less grip but we had a lot and everyone was fast today. The track conditions are a lot better today than they have been during the weekend so this makes a difference, but anyway we can already see that they are quite good. I think Bridgestone have done a good job but of course it will be hard to know for sure until we have been to some different tracks. We have to wait and see. For me they feel good even in comparison with my Bridgestone tyres from all of the season so I am happy so far.

I have a special ‘world champion’ helmet now which I like a lot and which I will use throughout the winter testing. As for the number one…I will keep my 46 of course but I will put the number one on my back as I did in the past.”
tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:15 pm

Valentino Rossi to test drive a Ferrari
The Associated PressPublished: November 1, 2008

SAO PAULO, Brazil: MotoGP champion Valentino Rossi will be switching to Formula One later this year — at least for a few laps.

A Ferrari press officer, who spoke on condition of anonymity because she was not authorized to speak to the press, said Saturday the team would give Rossi a test drive to commemorate his world championship.

The test drive should take place before the end of the year in Italy, she said.

Rossi clinched his sixth MotoGP world championship in September at the Grand Prix in Japan.

The Yamaha rider, one of Italy's most popular sporting figures, has tested an F1 car several times with Ferrari, which had said it would welcome him to join the team on a permanent basis.

The press officer did not say if the team was planning extend a new invitation.
tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:27 pm

Valentino Rossi won’t ditch famous number 46
By Matthew Birt

MotoGP

30 October 2008 11:03

Valentino Rossi has confirmed he will again shun the chance to run the number one plate in MotoGP next season, instead keeping his famous number 46.

The Italian has never carried the number one plate following any of his previous MotoGP world championship wins, always preferring to stick with the number 46 used by his father Graziano.

Next year will be no exception, though as he has done in the past, the eight-times world champion will carry a number one on the back of his Dainese leathers.
Rossi said: “I will definitely keep 46 because it is my number and everyone knows it.

Sometimes I am a bit sad because number one is also a great number, but I always ride with 46 and I want to continue. I will have the number 1 on my back as in the past.”
tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:28 pm

Valentino Rossi dismisses latest Ferrari link
By Matthew Birt

MotoGP

30 October 2008 10:55

Valentino Rossi has again rejected suggestions that he is seriously contemplating a future switch to Formula One.

The Italian has been offered another test drive in Ferrari’s F1 car, which inevitably led to rumours circulating that the 29-year-old might make a full-time switch, having been strongly linked with a move during 2006.

But the 2008 MotoGP world champion, who kicked off his 2009 preparations earlier this week with a brief outing on Yamaha’s new prototype YZR-M1 in Valencia, said: “I’m not going to Formula One. The Ferrari test is just a present for me winning the championship.

"I don’t know when or where it will be, but it is nothing more than a test. I have another two-year contract with Yamaha which means at the end I will be 31 and that is too late to go to Formula One.”
tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs James Toseland Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:52 pm

Valentino Rossi press articles Img_1310

ok so here is an interview by William Kimberley from Mototech with Masao Furusawa

This year has been a roller-coaster one off the fiat yamaha team as it has fought back on level tearms with Ducati. Losing out ot Casey Stoner in the opening round, Valentino Rossi then got into his stride to open up a substantial lead over the Austalian world champion and the rest of the grid as the season reached its mid point- but then the tide turned again, this time in Stoner's favour. It was during the summer months that William Kimberley talked to Masao Furusawa, the person responsible for the Fiat Yamaha team, at the British Grand Prix at Donington Park.

By June last year it was already shaping to be a bad year for the Fiat Yamaha team and Masao Furusawa, executive officer for engineering operation at yamaha motor company, was extremely displeased about things as he told me in a interview at the British Grand Prix (Moto Tech 2 - September/October 2007). 12 months on and he was a little happier about things but still was not full of the joys of spring.
"After Valentino lost the championship in both 2006 and last year, I decided that I needed to concentrate more on our MotoGP operations, although it had been at the expense of my time spent on production bikes," says Furusawa in recognition of the fact that he had to let some of his responsibilities go this year in order focus on turning the team's fortunes. "I strongly wanted to train some engineers to take on management roles in the team but it turned out it was a little but too soon to have do this."
However, it is a one year secondment as Furusawa hopes to have a winning team in place that he can continue next year while he goes back to focus on production bikes. "next year I would like to get back to that side of the business," He says, "But it does depend on the result we get in the MotoGP."
One off the biggest changes for Furuawa and the Fiat Yamaha team have have to contend with this year running the bikes on diffrent tyres - Bridgestone for Valentino Rossi after he insisted that his bike be shod with the Japanese rubber at the end of last season and Michelins for Jorge Lorenzo.
"We made many changes to the 2008 M1 compared to the 2007 version and we have improved it a lot and Valentino is satisfied with our work so far but, of course, the biggest change for us has been the change from Michelins to Bridgestones on Rossi's Bike," says Furusawa. "We had a hard time learning how to get the best performance from the new tures after switch and had no data but last year he predicted tgat changing would be the right thing for him. He was right although, of course, we weren't able to predict how differently the tyres would behave.
"However, Valentino has become more and more satisfied race by race abd we gave been able to find an ideal set-up for him which has enabled him to win so many races this year although we know that the remaining race will be tough this year. Our competitor's great performance is a big push to all of us to improve our M1 further, maybe even more than we did during last winter."
There is no doubt that Furusawa values having Rossi in the leam, having just re-signed him for another couple of years.
"The reason I always continure to be confident is because I trust Valentino so much! I like his way of thinking, he is always positive and this rubs off on everyone else. He never complains or criticises. On the contarty, he is always looking forwards and searching for new solutions! He has exactly the same approach to problems I have. He always has a positive and logical way off thinking, like me. He also has a very good sense of humour, a I like this a lot. I like him as a person very much. This is the biggest shame is that my age is almost the double off his but the level of thinking is the same! The only diffrence is that he is just 29. When i was that age I never though about tatics and strategies! I have huge respect for him. He is the genius behind the bike.
" I also like Jorge very much - he is a good guy and a very good rider. Honestly, he is very diffrent then i had expected before he joined Yamaha. I was impressed by his mature attitude and his fluent English. He is a very smart guy, smarter than i expected. He has a big talent as a rider: he is very smooth amd very effective. I am sure taht in the future he will dominate in MotoGP.

(i will post the rest 2morrow sorry but im really tired promise the rest will be on here 2morrow nigh i just have to translate it from german to english some one brough me the german one insted of the english one)
Mrs James Toseland
Mrs James Toseland
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 927
Forum award points :

Mood : Valentino Rossi press articles Whoo10
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs James Toseland Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:05 pm

(ok so a bit more off the interview sorry it taking me long but i didnt notice now much there was)

"At the beginning off the season we started off without any ambitions as we thought it was to early for him to win a race because he was a rookie. He was just supposted to be here to learn about his M1 but then he surprised us with his incredible three pole positions in a row and then with his victory. Everything happened much earlier than we had expected. Generally speaking, he is a very good entertainer for Yamaha and for the spectators. His season supassed expectations early on but of course he has had some problems since then which we are working hard to address."
"I am also satisfied with Ramon Forcada, his new crew chief, as is Jeremy Burgess. JB is an easy and sophisticated guy. He hates to worry about politiccal correctness, like me! Now both he and Roman are combining their wealth of experience with the new technology very successfully. Regarding Jorge's bike specifically, I understand very well what Roman is doing with Jorge and with Jorge's bike. I speak with him regularly and I am satisfied taht we have the same recognition about Jorge."
Furusawa's main docus, though is on getting the equipment right to give his riders the chance of winning. After last years disappointment, this year is turning out to be more satisfactory but there has been a great deal of hard work to get things to this stage.
"We have had worked a great deal on the chassis setting and we have changed the geomentry of the bike in order to get a good balance with the tyre character. Since we moved from 990cc to 800cc, a higher conering speed is needed in order to get faster lap times and to win. We have therefore tried many different chassis settings in order to find out the best bike geomentry, the centre of gravity, the rider position, the wheelbase length, chassis stiffness and so on."
"At the moment, though, there is no need to work more on the chassis, although this is something we will have to consider for next seaso. Lately we have been experiencing some problemswith acceleration on the exxit of the corner, so we now need to work to find a better bike geometry and chassis setting alongside the development of the engine control system. I still think that the M1 is the best bike out there, althought Casey has had a string of very impressive results"
Asked whether electronics should be more regulated in MotoGP and the rules changed,
Furusawa relpies: "This is not a popular discussion at the moment and we are looking at the overall situation and whether we need to change the rules. It's true that many riders have crashed this year, including Jorge, who had a very bad seres of crashes, and also Dani Pedrosa but the question is if theses crashes have something to do with the current bike technology."
"We moved from 990cc to 800cc to have safer bikes, but the new bikes have a higher cornering speed and this might present a danger to some riders, I think we need to do something and the biggest issue is the electronic control system. I any case, it is clear that we at Yamaha will have to develop better ECS in order to bet our rivals. I rather like a simple system to get sophisticated functionality but that is really difficult which is why im still studying a new system for the future"
Mrs James Toseland
Mrs James Toseland
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 927
Forum award points :

Mood : Valentino Rossi press articles Whoo10
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next