MotoGP SBK Parc Ferme Fan Forum : Valentino Rossi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Bruce Lee Operation Dragon Film Complet Francais
Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 12:26 am by wernefron

» I love valentino Rossi!
Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:02 am by SmithJay

» Philosophical perceptions and methodologies for greater developments
Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 4:29 am by Sienna

» Rossi's '01,'02,'03,'04,'05,'08, & '09 titles.
Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:22 pm by lm240specz

» Valentino Rossi photo's
Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 3:45 pm by Captain Keyes

» James Toseland's Pics
Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 3:41 am by Mrs James Toseland

» James Toseland
Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 1:50 pm by Mrs Fizz To52land

» Nicky Hayden photo's
Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 2:26 pm by Mrs Fizz To52land

» Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1
Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 11:37 am by Mrs James Toseland

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of MotoGP SBK Parc Ferme Fan Forum : Valentino Rossi on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Affiliates
free forum

Poll

Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1

2 posters

Go down

Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1 Empty Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1

Post by Mrs James Toseland Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:21 am

2010 Yamaha World Superbike riders James Toseland and Cal Crutchlow wasted no time today, getting straight down to business with their first ride on the championship winning R1. Both riders were working with their new teams for the first time, but gelled quickly and had got down to under the race pace of Sunday’s championship final before the end of the first sessions.
Today’s session was the first step in adapting the bikes to their new riders, both Toseland and Crutchlow will start again tomorrow morning to make further changes and close in on the perfect set up for their 2010 race season. Despite a high speed high side in the morning session, Cal Crutchlow showed no signs of slowing down and continued to make significant time improvements over the afternoon’s practice time. New team mate and fellow British rider James Toseland also showed solid improvement over the day, despite being new to the bike and track he quickly got down to business and continued to shave time off his laps over the course of the sessions.
Having achieved an incredible victory on Sunday and lifted the World Superbike title for the first time, the Yamaha team were straight to business today, working hard to develop championship winning riders for the next season.

<table class=ecxtopMargin6 border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=left><tr><td class=ecxtdBlackHeader8>Cal Crutchlow</TD>
<td rowSpan=2>Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1 GetAttachment.aspx&hm__qs=file%3d7bf62a02-51c0-4ccd-96b2-89c35db01c53.gif%26ct%3daW1hZ2UvZ2lm%26name%3dc3BhY2VyLmdpZg_3d_3d%26inline%3d1%26rfc%3d0%26empty%3dFalse%26imgsrc%3dcid%253aCHILKAT-CID-4d579c2b-a336-4b23-8bd9-6065ede0b483&oneredir=1&ip=10.6.0
</TD></TR>
<tr><td vAlign=top>Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1 P20091027184629140</TD></TR></TABLE>

Cal Crutchlow, Yamaha World Superbike Team (1'42.7)
“it was a good enough day apart from a stupid crash this morning after about 30 laps, there seemed to be something wrong with my rear tyre which caused me to high side. I hit my head and have had a few headaches today but ok apart from that. The testing has gone well, we’ve done quite reasonable times, all credit to the guys who’ve worked really hard. We haven’t changed much on the bike today, just tried to make it my bike a bit, tomorrow we’ll do some more and see how we go.”

<table class=ecxtopMargin6 border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=right><tr><td rowSpan=2>Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1 GetAttachment.aspx&hm__qs=file%3dfcdf46c9-6aae-4341-8727-6640c6b9369c.gif%26ct%3daW1hZ2UvZ2lm%26name%3dc3BhY2VyLmdpZg_3d_3d%26inline%3d1%26rfc%3d0%26empty%3dFalse%26imgsrc%3dcid%253aCHILKAT-CID-196e8930-097e-4bf7-b7f0-101bbceca050&oneredir=1&ip=10.6.0
</TD>
<td class=ecxtdBlackHeader8>James Toseland</TD></TR>
<tr><td vAlign=top>Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1 P20091027184703593</TD></TR></TABLE>

James Toseland, Yamaha World Superbike Team(1'43.7)
“I’m feeling really positive, it’s obviously my first time on the bike, it felt a bit alien after two years on a GP bike but the balance of the bike felt good and I’m really impressed with how the team’s working, I’ve got an old friend of mine as a chief engineer. I’ve been really impressed to work with him today and Silvano Galbusera (Yamaha World Superbike Team Technical Co-ordinator) looking over him with his experience has been great. What’s been nice is the changes we’ve been making have always been in a positive direction, so to say we’ve got down to more or less race pace on a brand new track and a brand new bike is good, I’m pretty pleased with it.”
Massimo Meregalli, Yamaha World Superbike Team
“Cal’s first day went pretty well, it was easier for him compared to James as he already knew the track, but it was still a really good first test session for him. For James everything was new today, the bike, the track, tyres, many things! I think tomorrow he will make another step. For the first day we are very satisfied with both riders.”
Mrs James Toseland
Mrs James Toseland
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 927
Forum award points :
Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1 Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1 Right_bar_bleue

Mood : Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1 Whoo10
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1 Empty Re: Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1

Post by Mrs Fizz To52land Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:45 am

I am so happy that Cal and James are doing great for the first day James in particular since he's never seen the track before. Yeah I am really happy for the pair of them.
Mrs Fizz To52land
Mrs Fizz To52land
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 108
Forum award points :
Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1 Right_bar_bleue

Mood : Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1 Thlov10
Registration date : 2009-09-28

Back to top Go down

Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1 Empty Re: Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1

Post by Mrs James Toseland Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:37 am

yeah me too its a good day for them both cant wait till next year

here is some more information from crash.net

Unofficial lap times from the first day of post-season World Superbike and Supersport testing at Portimao in Portugal.

Testing concludes on Wednesday.

Not all riders had transponders fitted...

Superbike:

1. Jonathan Rea (Honda) 1min 42.156sec
2. Michel Fabrizio (Ducati) 1min 42.362sec
3. Cal Crutchlow (Yamaha) 1min 42.795sec
4. Noriyuki Haga (Ducati) 1min 43.098sec
5. Leon Haslam (Suzuki) 1min 43.300sec
6. Max Biaggi (Aprilia) 1min 43.400sec
7. James Toseland (Yamaha) 1min 43.700sec
8. Max Neukirchner (Honda) 1min 43.810sec
9. Leon Camier (Aprilia) 1min 43.900sec
10. Joan Lascorz (Kawasaki) 1min 43.902sec
11. Carlos Checa (Ducati) 1min 43.951sec
12. Javier Fores (Ducati) 1min 44.413sec
13. Tom Sykes (Kawasaki) 1min 45.500sec
14. Regis Laconi (Ducati) 1min 46.458sec

Supersport:

1. Kenan Sofuoglu (Honda) 1min 44.580sec
2. Broc Parkes (Kawasaki) 1min 45.000sec
3. Michele Pirro (Honda) 1min 45.323sec
4. Katsuaki Fujiwara (Kawasaki) 1min 45.875sec
5. David Salom (Kawasaki) 1min 46.200sec

Not declared:

Alex Hofmann (Aprilia test rider)
Hidemichi Takahashi (Kawasaki WSB test rider)
Vittorio Iannuzzo (Honda)
Luca Scassa (Honda)
Sylvain Guintoli (Suzuki)
Martin Cardenas (Yamaha)
Anthony West (Yamaha)
Mrs James Toseland
Mrs James Toseland
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 927
Forum award points :
Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1 Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1 Right_bar_bleue

Mood : Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1 Whoo10
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down