MotoGP SBK Parc Ferme Fan Forum : Valentino Rossi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Bruce Lee Operation Dragon Film Complet Francais
John 'Hopper' Hopkins - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 12:26 am by wernefron

» I love valentino Rossi!
John 'Hopper' Hopkins - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:02 am by SmithJay

» Philosophical perceptions and methodologies for greater developments
John 'Hopper' Hopkins - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 4:29 am by Sienna

» Rossi's '01,'02,'03,'04,'05,'08, & '09 titles.
John 'Hopper' Hopkins - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:22 pm by lm240specz

» Valentino Rossi photo's
John 'Hopper' Hopkins - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 3:45 pm by Captain Keyes

» James Toseland's Pics
John 'Hopper' Hopkins - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 3:41 am by Mrs James Toseland

» James Toseland
John 'Hopper' Hopkins - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 1:50 pm by Mrs Fizz To52land

» Nicky Hayden photo's
John 'Hopper' Hopkins - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 2:26 pm by Mrs Fizz To52land

» Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1
John 'Hopper' Hopkins - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 11:37 am by Mrs James Toseland

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of MotoGP SBK Parc Ferme Fan Forum : Valentino Rossi on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Affiliates
free forum

Poll

John 'Hopper' Hopkins

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

John 'Hopper' Hopkins - Page 2 Empty Re: John 'Hopper' Hopkins

Post by tammerz Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:04 am

John Hopkins confirms Kawasaki quit bombshell
By Matthew Birt

MotoGP

31 December 2008 10:36

American John Hopkins has confirmed Kawasaki has notified him of its intention not to compete in the 2009 MotoGP world championship.

The bombshell news was communicated to the 25-year-old on December 29 while he is continuing his bid to regain full fitness after recent surgery to remove metal plates from his left leg.

The rest of Kawasaki’s stunned team personnel, including new recruit Marco Melandri, were all informed of the quit plan on the same day.

The decision to pull out leaves Hopkins frozen out of MotoGP after just one injury-hit disastrous campaign and he confirmed he been notified by team manager Michael Bartholemy in a telephone call to his California home on Monday.

“I heard it’s up in the air, but I haven’t heard anything confirmed yet,” said Hopkins. "I got some calls from the team manager and he said that everything could be up in the air as to whether they run it or not, but nothing has been confirmed.”

Asked what the implications of Kawasaki’s withdrawal would have on his future, Hopkins said he was in the dark, but had immediately consulted with his management team.

“I don’t know what it would do to me", added Hopkins, who finished 16th in the 2008 MotoGP series. “I’m really not sure. I’ve been talking to my managers and seeing what the plan is and they’ve been on the phone to Japan trying to figure it out as well. Right now I’m still contracted to them so I’m not sure what the plan is.”
tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2395
Forum award points :
John 'Hopper' Hopkins - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100John 'Hopper' Hopkins - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Mood : John 'Hopper' Hopkins - Page 2 Thcoo10
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:31 am

MotoGP ยป Hopkins: Everything is up in the air.
Friday, 2nd January 2009

John Hopkins has not given up hope of Kawasaki until an official announcement is made regarding their withdrawal.

John Hopkins insists he hasn't confirmed the withdrawal of Kawasaki from MotoGP and that it remains ‘up in the air' as to whether he will be competing with the team in 2009.

The news that Kawasaki is on the verge of quitting MotoGP this week has rocked the sport, not least because of its sudden nature and the fact it will leave just four manufacturers and 17 bikes on the 2009 grid.

Even so, no official word has been made by the Japanese team as of yet, and until there is Hopkins insists he is unwilling to comment on the rumours.

Posting a message on his personal website, Hopkins, who endured a torrid maiden season with Kawasaki in 2008 following a series of injuries, played down the reports that stated him as confirming their departure.

“As you all know, everything is up in the air and people want answers. Everything from here is now in my managers hands. I have read nearly all articles posted and find it absolutely crazy how people are stating that I have announced this/or said that. when in fact I have avoided ALL phone-calls from the media until time permits.

“There will be an official press release held very soon, where we can confirm or deny all rumours. I will let you all now as soon as I get the go ahead. I just wanted to say thank you for all your support through this year and now. Will keep you posted…”

Marco Melandri, who only rode the Kawasaki for the first time last month, has reportedly been notified of the team's exit via a letter. Kawasaki had spent several months attempting to free Melandri from a multi-year contract with Ducati.

Should they withdraw, Kawasaki will become the fourth Japanese brand to quit a major series following on from Honda in Formula 1, as well as Suzuki and Subaru in the World Rally Championship.
tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :
John 'Hopper' Hopkins - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100John 'Hopper' Hopkins - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

John 'Hopper' Hopkins - Page 2 Empty From Hoppers Website

Post by tammerz Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:33 am

WORDS FROM HOPKINS
Hey guys. As you all know, everything is up in the air and people want answers. Everything from here is now in my managers hands. I have read nearly all articles posted and find it absolutely crazy how people are stating that I have announced this / or said that. when in fact I have avoided ALL phone-calls from the media until time permits. There will be an official press release held very soon, where we can confirm or deny all rumors. I will let you all now as soon as I get the go ahead. I just wanted to say thank you for all your support through this year and now. will keep you posted...... Hopper
tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:10 am

John Hopkins still waiting on Kawasaki
By Matthew Birt

MotoGP

01 January 2009 13:00

American John Hopkins is still waiting for official confirmation that Kawasaki will plunge the MotoGP world championship into crisis by withdrawing its factory team from the 2009 season.

Kawasaki has signalled its intention to quit with immediate effect with team personnel all told on December 29 that the team would fold.

Hopkins though is still waiting on clarification of Kawasaki’s plans; with the Japanese factory as yet to release any official statement concerning its future plans.

In a message posted on his personal website to fans on New Year’s Eve, Hopkins said: “As you all know, everything is up in the air and people want answers.

"Everything from here is now in my manager’s hands. I have read nearly all articles posted and I find it absolutely crazy how people are stating that I have announced this or said that when in fact I have avoided phone-calls from the media until time permits.

"There will be an official press release very soon, where we can confirm or deny all rumours. I will let you all now as soon as I get the go ahead. I just wanted to say thank you for all your support through this year and now.”

An official statement is expected from Kawasaki next Monday.

Hopkins’ manager Bob Moore has so far refused to comment on the situation.
tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2