MotoGP SBK Parc Ferme Fan Forum : Valentino Rossi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Bruce Lee Operation Dragon Film Complet Francais
James Huge Highside at Jerez Test EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 12:26 am by wernefron

» I love valentino Rossi!
James Huge Highside at Jerez Test EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:02 am by SmithJay

» Philosophical perceptions and methodologies for greater developments
James Huge Highside at Jerez Test EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 4:29 am by Sienna

» Rossi's '01,'02,'03,'04,'05,'08, & '09 titles.
James Huge Highside at Jerez Test EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:22 pm by lm240specz

» Valentino Rossi photo's
James Huge Highside at Jerez Test EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 3:45 pm by Captain Keyes

» James Toseland's Pics
James Huge Highside at Jerez Test EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 3:41 am by Mrs James Toseland

» James Toseland
James Huge Highside at Jerez Test EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 1:50 pm by Mrs Fizz To52land

» Nicky Hayden photo's
James Huge Highside at Jerez Test EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 2:26 pm by Mrs Fizz To52land

» Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1
James Huge Highside at Jerez Test EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 11:37 am by Mrs James Toseland

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of MotoGP SBK Parc Ferme Fan Forum : Valentino Rossi on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Affiliates
free forum

Poll

James Huge Highside at Jerez Test

Go down

James Huge Highside at Jerez Test Empty James Huge Highside at Jerez Test

Post by Mrs James Toseland Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:02 am

MotoGP: James Toseland Suffers Huge Highside at Jerez Test

James Huge Highside at Jerez Test James-toseland-200x300

James Toseland

Sunday’s 45-minute ‘qualifying’ session at Jerez has been red-flagged after James Toseland’s suffered a huge highside with 16 minutes to go.
The Englishman, who has been fighting to make up for lost track time after suffering the ‘biggest accident of his career’ during the first day of 2009 testing at Sepang in February, suffered a fall of similar magnitude at Jerez.
The double World Superbike champion lost the rear of his M1 on the exit of a high-speed left hander, and was then thrown high in the air when the rear-rubber gripped.
After a hard hit to his upper body, Toseland was sent tumbling roughly through the gravel before coming to rest with parts of his broken Monster Tech 3 Yamaha lying around him.
Toseland was later placed carefully on a stretcher by marshals and carried away from the track.
Ducati’s Casey Stoner has dominated the session so far, but with Valentino Rossi closing to within a few tenths.
UPDATE: Initial medical reports state that Toseland has suffered heavy bruising but is ‘ok’.
Source | Crash.net
Mrs James Toseland
Mrs James Toseland
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 927
Forum award points :
James Huge Highside at Jerez Test Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100James Huge Highside at Jerez Test Right_bar_bleue

Mood : James Huge Highside at Jerez Test Whoo10
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

James Huge Highside at Jerez Test Empty MotoGP: James Toseland Suffers Broken Foot after Jerez Highside

Post by Mrs James Toseland Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:39 am

MotoGP: James Toseland Suffers Broken Foot after Jerez Highside

James Huge Highside at Jerez Test Toseland-crash-300x187James Toseland has confirmed to MCN that he suffered a broken fifth metatarsal bone in his right foot during yesterday’s massive high-side crash in Jerez.
The British rider also has a badly sprained right ankle and multiple bruising after he crashed heavily during the televised BMW shootout in Jerez.
None of the injuries though will force the double World Superbike champion to miss the season’s opening MotoGP clash in Qatar on April 12.
The 28-year-old also revealed that he didn’t aggravate a lingering right elbow injury that he first picked up during a 125mph high-side in Sepang back in early February.
Toseland, who needed precautionary scans on his head at a hospital in Cadiz after suffering concussion in the high-speed tumble, spoke to MCN shortly before he boarded a plane home from Madrid this morning.
“I’m feeling pretty beaten up but not too bad considering. The bone in my foot isn’t a big problem and I’m quite badly bruised in a few places,“ he said.
Toseland caught a domestic flight from Jerez to Madrid last night and he said: “I had a pretty good night after a long soak in the bath. I’d been put on a drip in the hospital and I had some painkillers and that sorted me out.
“I don’t think I need any further checks when I’m home. They did a scan and everything was clear and they took about six X-rays on my body because the bruising was quite bad. But nothing is broken apart from the little toe on my foot.”
Toseland confirmed the crash was caused by a lack of temperature in his soft compound rear Bridgestone tyre. He added: “It was a big mistake on my part and I apologised immediately to Yamaha and the team.”
Source | Crash.net
Mrs James Toseland
Mrs James Toseland
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Forum award points :
James Huge Highside at Jerez Test Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100James Huge Highside at Jerez Test Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

James Huge Highside at Jerez Test Empty Re: James Huge Highside at Jerez Test

Post by Mrs James Toseland Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:55 pm

James Toseland reassures fans

James Huge Highside at Jerez Test 090329-JTJames Toseland today issued a heartfelt thank you to all of the fans who have continued to support him throughout a difficult 2009 testing period with the new Monster Tech 3 Yamaha.

The British rider sustained a sprained ankle during a massive high side at Jerez in Spain yesterday, but remains determined to enjoy a positive start to this season's campaign at the first race in Qatar on 12 April.

"There's no doubt that the recent testing programme has been tough," said the MotoGP contender "and I'm still working hard to understand the limit of the new tyres. However, I have been extremely lucky to escape serious injury at both Sepang and Jerez. For that reason, I must thank my leathers company BKS because it is down to them that I'll be lining up on the grid for the first race of the season in Qatar.

"As we all know, the race is where results really count and I am completely focused on achieving success in my second year in MotoGP. I'm extremely lucky to have such a loyal fan base and I want to succeed for you as much as for myself. So, thank you for all of the support that I've received so far. I appreciate it and am working hard to prove myself at the top tier of motorcycling.

"The recent success of British contenders in F1 has been inspiring and I hope to be as strong an ambassador for England in MotoGP."
Mrs James Toseland
Mrs James Toseland
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Forum award points :

Back to top Go down

James Huge Highside at Jerez Test Empty Re: James Huge Highside at Jerez Test

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down