MotoGP SBK Parc Ferme Fan Forum : Valentino Rossi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Bruce Lee Operation Dragon Film Complet Francais
Alex De Angelis EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 12:26 am by wernefron

» I love valentino Rossi!
Alex De Angelis EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:02 am by SmithJay

» Philosophical perceptions and methodologies for greater developments
Alex De Angelis EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 4:29 am by Sienna

» Rossi's '01,'02,'03,'04,'05,'08, & '09 titles.
Alex De Angelis EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:22 pm by lm240specz

» Valentino Rossi photo's
Alex De Angelis EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 3:45 pm by Captain Keyes

» James Toseland's Pics
Alex De Angelis EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 3:41 am by Mrs James Toseland

» James Toseland
Alex De Angelis EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 1:50 pm by Mrs Fizz To52land

» Nicky Hayden photo's
Alex De Angelis EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 2:26 pm by Mrs Fizz To52land

» Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1
Alex De Angelis EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 11:37 am by Mrs James Toseland

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of MotoGP SBK Parc Ferme Fan Forum : Valentino Rossi on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Affiliates
free forum

Poll

Alex De Angelis

Go down

Alex De Angelis Empty Alex De Angelis

Post by tammerz Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:28 am

Alex de Angelis

PERSONAL DETAILS
NAME: ALEX DE ANGELIS
TEAM: SAN CARLO HONDA GRESINI
NATIONALITY: SAN MARINESE
DATE OF BIRTH: 26/02/1984
MARRIED: SINGLE

After the successful introduction to MotoGP of superstar Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda RC212V) and that of reigning World Champion Casey Stoner, it was only a matter of time before hot 250cc property Alex de Angelis was given a chance in the 800cc category.

Now signed-up for the consistently competitive San Carlo Honda Gresini squad this engaging and fiercely determined 23-year-old has been a regular front-runner in the 250cc class for the past four seasons. He even scored podium finishes in his first full year in the tightly fought quarter-litre category.

His record of fifth, seventh and third overall in those first three seasons demonstrates a gradual mastery of a harsh competitive environment. And it is perhaps the San Marinese man’s combative instincts that have so far been both his strength and something of a failing when left unchecked.

He finished third overall again in 2007 after recording his first win on a 250 at the final race of 2006 in Valencia. It was anticipated that de Angelis would be more than a match for eventual series winner Jorge Lorenzo and runner-up Andrea Dovizioso, but his title challenge never quite took off despite only one failure to finish a race and eight podium places in his final 250cc World Championship season.

But seasoned observers recognised qualities in Alex that are likely to stand him in good stead when it comes to wrestling an 800cc machine around the tight twists of the Sachsenring or the open sweeping turns of Phillip Island.
He has aggression aplenty, and this was perhaps best on show in his 125cc days when his all-action style and uncompromising overtaking technique took him to runner-up spot in his fourth full season in the smallest capacity class.

Now having matured into a rider more likely to take the points on offer than risk crashing in vain attempts at rostrum positions de Angelis is ready to make the leap to the premier class.

Engaging and affable in the paddock, this steely adversary is perhaps most celebrated so far for recovering from what looked like the nastiest of accidents at the Turkish Grand Prix last season. He sensationally regained control of his 250cc Aprilia having been hoisted out of the seat after clashing with other riders on the high-speed back straight. Even though out of the saddle and on the grass, the dogged de Angelis brought the machine to a halt yards from disaster, averting what would have been a very unsavoury incident.

With so much experience under his belt and still with youth on his side, Alex has the class and the determination to succeed at the highest level and it’s in the MotoGP class that his talents are most likely to reach full potential. Randy de Puniet, now riding for the LCR Honda Team, has already showed how the right type of 250cc rider can make the grade in MotoGP – now it’s the turn of premier class rookie de Angelis.

END OF 2007.
STARTS: N/A
WINS: 0 (MOTOGP) 1 (250GP) 0 (125GP)
POLES: 0 (MOTOGP) 4 (250GP) 5 (125GP)
FASTEST LAPS: 0 (MOTOGP) 13 (250GP) 0 (125GP)
DEBUT: QATAR 2008 (MOTOGP)
DRIVEN FOR: HONDA GRESINI (2008)

Last edited by tammerz on Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:14 am; edited 2 times in total
tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2395
Forum award points :
Alex De Angelis Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100Alex De Angelis Right_bar_bleue

Mood : Alex De Angelis Thcoo10
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Alex De Angelis Empty Re: Alex De Angelis

Post by tammerz Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:20 am

Jimenez: `De Angelis´ bike will be much better in 2009´
Monday, 01 December 2008

San Carlo Honda Gresini Crew Chief expecting big things from satellite Honda RC212V.

Alex De Angelis 236367_San+Carlo+Honda+Gresini+engineer+Antonio+Jimenez-1280x960-dec1.jpg.preview

Alex de Angelis´ new Crew Chief for 2009, Antonio Jimenez is not just expecting an improvement from the San Marino rider. With an early start to the development of the satellite Honda RC212V (run by Shinya Nakano for the latter part of 2008) the Spaniard is also confident of a more competitive machine for his charge´s sophomore season in MotoGP.

`The bike will be much better in 2009 than what Alex used this year. Honda are making a very competitive bike for us to use. I think that the package of good rider, good bike and good team will make it easier for him to be consistent,´ says Jimenez, who worked closely with the initial development of the satellite bike over the last season as part of Nakano´s side of the San Carlo Honda Gresini garage.

`The specification for the machine for the next few tests will be the same as here; the machine that Nakano used for the last race, one that is already good. For me that package will be very competitive.´

The spring valve engine version of the 800cc Honda may be looking in good shape, but there will still be plenty for De Angelis and his crew to get their heads round when testing resumes on February 5th, 2009 in Sepang. With less testing time than in previous years, A rapid adaptation will be necessary in order to get the upcoming campaign off to a solid start.

`We have a lot of work to do, and with six days less than we have had in the past. We will have to focus on the most important things, and try to make Alex as comfortable with the bike as possible, as quickly as possible.´
tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:14 am

MotoGP » de Angelis likes new bike.
Wednesday, 26th November 2008

Alex de Angels fifth fastest on day one of the Jerez MotoGP test.

2008 MotoGP rookie Alex de Angelis finished day one of the Jerez test a promising fifth fastest out of the 14 riders present.

The San Carlo Honda Gresini rider said he immediately felt comfortable on his new bike - thought to be the factory machine used by team-mate Shinya Nakano during the tail-end of the 2008 season - and now aims to work on matching his set-up to suit the new Bridgestone tyres to be used by all riders next season.

"We have started immediately well and I like the bike a lot compared to the version that we used during the season just finished, both in terms of the engine and chassis," said the San Marinese, whose best lap time was almost two seconds behind factory Honda rider Dani Pedrosa. "This new bike suits much better my stature, I feel more comfortable and I can therefore exploit the performance better.
"Today, we have worked well on the set-up of the bike with respect to the new tyre regulations, knowing that it is now more important to adapt the bike to the type of tyre construction," he added. "I am sure that we can improve yet further as soon as we find the correct set-up to allow us to exploit the full potential of the entire package: we will need some time to work on this and I hope we can achieve this during tomorrow's session, even if the weather forecast is for rain."

New team-mate and returning Gresini rider Toni Elias will have factory machinery for the 2009 season, but at present is still using a 2008 bike. Elias set the eighth fastest lap time, but was just 0.2sec behind de Angelis.
"I completed a lot of laps with my bike today and I have to say that I am really very pleased with the new situation," said the 2008 Alice Ducati rider. "I am taking things step-by-step; I want to work serenely to avoid making mistakes. We have to work above all on the rear of the bike which still does not allow me to transfer all the horsepower from the Honda RC212V to the track. We have different set-up solutions to try tomorrow but in any case I can see that gradually we are making steps ahead and for that reason tomorrow will be a valuable day for further improvements."
tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:06 pm

Paddock Press: Meda on De Angelis´ 2008 season
Tuesday, 09 December 2008

Alex de Angelis´ rookie season in MotoGP gets the once-over in the Paddock Press series.

Alex De Angelis 236392_Alex+de+Angelis+in+action-1280x960-dec5.jpg.preview

Italian commentator Guido Meda continues the Paddock Press series with his opinion on Alex de Angelis´ rookie season in MotoGP. Meda knows the San Carlo Honda Gresini rider very well, but thinks that the man from San Marino might be lacking in the aggression required at the highest level of motorcycle racing.

`From one side, I think he wasn´t always lucky and on the other side I think he is too much of a good boy; he´s a very polite guy, very nice. Maybe he needs to be a bit angrier when he gets on the track - especially now that he´s in MotoGP,´ says Meda. `I don´t know if he will change his way of being but I think he needs something, to be angrier and to be more convinced when he goes out on track.´

As a means for this, and for De Angelis to repeat or better the kind of performances that took him to fourth at Mugello and Sachsenring earlier this year, Meda thinks that he has the solution.

`I think that Alex can find his true level, but he needs to be more angry. Maybe he needs to find an enemy or something for motivation and to be as consistent as he should be.´
tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content