MotoGP SBK Parc Ferme Fan Forum : Valentino Rossi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Bruce Lee Operation Dragon Film Complet Francais
Superbike and 125 & 250cc Riders EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 12:26 am by wernefron

» I love valentino Rossi!
Superbike and 125 & 250cc Riders EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:02 am by SmithJay

» Philosophical perceptions and methodologies for greater developments
Superbike and 125 & 250cc Riders EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 4:29 am by Sienna

» Rossi's '01,'02,'03,'04,'05,'08, & '09 titles.
Superbike and 125 & 250cc Riders EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:22 pm by lm240specz

» Valentino Rossi photo's
Superbike and 125 & 250cc Riders EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 3:45 pm by Captain Keyes

» James Toseland's Pics
Superbike and 125 & 250cc Riders EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 3:41 am by Mrs James Toseland

» James Toseland
Superbike and 125 & 250cc Riders EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 1:50 pm by Mrs Fizz To52land

» Nicky Hayden photo's
Superbike and 125 & 250cc Riders EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 2:26 pm by Mrs Fizz To52land

» Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1
Superbike and 125 & 250cc Riders EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 11:37 am by Mrs James Toseland

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of MotoGP SBK Parc Ferme Fan Forum : Valentino Rossi on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Affiliates
free forum

Poll

Superbike and 125 & 250cc Riders

Go down

Superbike and 125 & 250cc Riders Empty Superbike and 125 & 250cc Riders

Post by tammerz Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:35 am

The Riders from Superbike and 125cc and 250cc
tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2395
Forum award points :
Superbike and 125 & 250cc Riders Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100Superbike and 125 & 250cc Riders Right_bar_bleue

Mood : Superbike and 125 & 250cc Riders Thcoo10
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Superbike and 125 & 250cc Riders Empty Re: Superbike and 125 & 250cc Riders

Post by tammerz Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:05 am

Superbike and 125 & 250cc Riders 236437_.preview_big
Mattia Pasini
tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :
Superbike and 125 & 250cc Riders Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100Superbike and 125 & 250cc Riders Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:07 am

125cc rider Sandro Cortese
Superbike and 125 & 250cc Riders 236430_125cc+Rider+Sandro+Cortese-800x600-dec10.jpg.preview_big
tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:08 am

Simone Corsi
Superbike and 125 & 250cc Riders 236434_.preview_big
tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:09 pm

Simoncelli stay spells tough fight for Bautista
Tuesday, 13 January 2009

Alvaro Bautista expects another season-long fight with Marco Simoncelli in 250cc this year.
[b]
Superbike and 125 & 250cc Riders 236285_Alvaro+Bautista+on+track-1280x960-nov25.jpg.preview

One of the favourites for the 250cc World Championship in 2009, Alvaro Bautista is one of the big names staying on in the quarter-litre class to contest the upcoming campaign.

There is a high level of continuity for the Spaniard this year, in a third term with the Aspar 250cc team, the same degree of factory sport behind him and -unfortunately for his aspirations of the 2009 crown- the reigning World Champion lining up alongside him.

Whereas in 2008 the current titlist had moved on to the bright lights of MotoGP -Jorge Lorenzo departing the class after back-to-back World Championship victories- this season Marco Simoncelli has elected to defend his title and engage in further battles with Bautista. Some of the supporting cast have moved on, but the main actors remain for what last year´s runner-up feels will be another competitive year.

`It´s going to be a hard season, just like last year,´ says Bautista. `It will be like this for a number of reasons, but especially because we have the World Champion racing against us. Even though Mika Kallio has gone up to MotoGP, there are still a number of other tough riders on our grid. I´m looking to have some fun on the bike, and hope that we have a bit of the luck that we didn´t have last year.´

The former 125cc titlist is amongst the first to receive new parts from Aprilia, and was particularly pleased with the development of a new electronic system at his most recent test.

`Getting the electronics of the Aprilia working right is the main focus of our work at the moment. We´ve also done some things with the front suspension, and have a lot of our tasks well underway for the first test,´ concludes Bautista.

tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:49 am

Bradl looking to reap benefits of continuity in 125cc
Wednesday, 14 January 2009

German rider aiming for 125cc title challenge after opting against 250cc move.

Superbike and 125 & 250cc Riders 236540_125cc+rider+Stefan+Bradl+in+succesful+2008+season-1280x960-jan14-2.jpg.preview

The publication of the 125cc entry list at the end of last month confirmed Stefan Bradl´s continuation in the category, as the German opted for continuity and the chance to further establish himself in the World Championship instead of starting afresh in 250cc. The second-generation star will be back onboard his Aprilia ride at the end of the month, ready for a title assault in 2009.

`For the title, staying in 125cc was the best option,´ Bradl told motogp.com this week when asked about his stay in the lower cylinder class. `The decision was mine, but thinking about the costs and the learning benefits of continuing in 125cc I came to the conclusion that it was the way to go. It means that I can develop as a rider and learn important things like how to keep cool at the front of the race.´

After a winter of rest, relaxation and training in the cold climes of Germany, the 2008 racewinner will resume testing duties on January 31st in Valencia, with a familiar team and a competitive bike.

`I´m happy to be continuing with the team. We will have a new title sponsor behind us (replacing Grizzly Gas), and I hope that we can have the same kind of success as we had last year,´ continues the 19 year-old. `The bike will be more or less the same as what we had at the last race of 2008, but with some new parts and good support from Aprilia. Our relationship with the factory is quite good.´

Identifying Simone Corsi and Julian Simon as his principal rivals, Bradl is clear about his objectives for the year.

`My goal is to win more races and –if all goes well- fight for the title. Long term I am looking to move up through the classes to ride in MotoGP.´

Bradl will be joined by Dutch rookie Jasper Iwema in the Kiefer Racing garage for the 2009 season.
tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:53 am

Team Toth provide new home for 250cc star Pasini
Wednesday, 14 January 2009

Italian star continues in the quarter-litre class with backing from Aprilia team.

Superbike and 125 & 250cc Riders 236545_Mattia+Pasini+signing+for+Team+Toth-800x600-jan14.jpg.preview

Left out in the cold after the dissolution of the Polaris World Aprilia project, 2008 250cc Rookie of the Year Mattia Pasini looked to be heading from a trophy to atrophy as opportunities for this year were picked up by other riders.

Enter Team Toth Aprilia, the Hungary-based outfit who have previously powered podium pushes for Roberto Locatelli and Hector Barbera in the quarter-litre class. Pasini put pen to paper in early December at Aprilia´s Noale base, securing his involvement in the 2009 season as an expected title contender. The Italian had previously been discussing such a deal upon learning of his impending unemployment towards the end of last year.

Team Principal Imre Toth Sr., whose son Imre Toth will share a garage with Pasini, was present for the signing and has expressed his hopes for the upcoming season. He expects an Italo-Hungarian cooperation every bit as successful as during Locatelli´s memorable stint with the team and, with a factory-supported Aprilia and a proven racewinner combining, the possibility of a serious title push cannot be ruled out.

Pasini´s first race with the team will come on April 12th at Losail in Qatar, the scene of his maiden victory in the 250cc class last year.

tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:55 am

Redding passes CBT test and keeps fitness up
Thursday, 15 January 2009

British youngster Scott Redding recently passed his CBT test so that he can ride on the road in his native England as he maintains his fitness levels over the long, cold British winter.

Superbike and 125 & 250cc Riders 236554_Scott+Redding+passing+his+CBT-1280x960-jan15.jpg.preview

Scott Redding announced himself on the World Championship scene with his brilliant debut campaign last year, including his historic home win at Donington, but the young English rider only turned 16 earlier this month and has therefore only recently been granted a licence to ride on the road in the UK.

The teenage sensation has just successfully undertaken his Compulsory Basic Training (CBT) test at the Acer Motorcycle Training centre in Gloucester and is now able to use a 50cc scooter to get to and from his local gym, which will help with his daily fitness routine.

Speaking to motogp.com Redding joked, `Well I passed the test even when it was minus five degrees and snowing, but I would have been a bit worried if I hadn´t passed!´

More seriously though having extra mobility will make things easier for the Blusens Aprilia rider, who explained, `Actually my main gym is about 45 minutes away from the house by car so I will still do that journey three times a week, but I go to my own gym in between and go motocross training. So I will use my bike for getting to places and to go to my local gym, so it will be useful.´

When asked about preparing for his second season in the 125cc World Championship Redding revealed his pre-season priorities, which include familiarising himself with his new factory Aprilia RSA machinery, stating, `I have got a new bike this year so I have to work hard in testing and get the bike set up well so that we are ready for the season. We will start testing at the end of January I think, so I´ll work hard and see what happens.´

Commenting on the experience he gained in his debut season and how he intends to make the most of that knowledge in 2009, Redding added, `The races were a lot longer than what I had experienced before so I had to get used to that. I had to see how the others raced and had to learn about saving the tyres for the end of races and so on. I want to try and get into the top three in the championship and get a few podiums this year. As long as I know I have tried as hard as I can I´ll be happy with that.´

Pushed to name the riders he views as the main threats to his progress in the forthcoming season Redding kept his reply simple, saying, `It is so hard to say because there are normally up to ten riders who can win a race and every rider in the World Championship is good. I just don´t have a clue who will be at the front because everyone has new bikes so we have to wait and see how it works out.´

[b]
tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:12 am

Bautista enjoys skydive challenge
Friday, 16 January 2009

Mapfre Aspar´s Alvaro Bautista undertook a parachute jump recently as part of a show on the Discovery Channel.

Superbike and 125 & 250cc Riders 236568_.preview

No stranger to high speed thrills and spills Alvaro Bautista showed his adventurous side recently with a skydive from a 4km height for a Discovery Channel television show called Discovery Challenge.

The 250cc star undertook the jump at the International Skydiving School near Girona in Catalunya and his high altitude adventure will be screened in Spain and Portugal on 19th January.

`When the doors opened I thought, `my goodness what am I doing´, but I had to get on with it,´ said Bautista. `I think the hardest part was jumping out. After that the adrenaline takes over as you are falling at 250 km/h. The feeling of the air hitting you almost makes you forget that you are freefalling. Then when the parachute opens you feel like you are floating, it is such a big contrast.´

He continued, `If I had to choose between horizontal or vertical speed I would prefer horizontal as you have the control. Dropping vertically like that is really strange and doesn´t compare to any other experience. Having said that it was an amazing experience.´

Bautista will be back on track on his Aprilia 250cc at the end of the month in Jerez, testing with his team before a title assault this season.

tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:16 am

Barbera ready and waiting to get back on track
Monday, 19 January 2009

Spanish 250cc star Hector Barbera has declared himself 98% ready to return from injury and is keen to make his test debut with his new team Pepe World Pons WRB.

Superbike and 125 & 250cc Riders 236580_Hector+Barbera+getting+ready+for+the+2009+250cc+World+Championship-1280x960-jan19.jpg.preview

Hector Barbera is ready to start a new era in his World Championship career this season as he returns following a serious injury which cut short his 2008 campaign. Following more than four months of rest and recuperation the Spanish rider is preparing to return to riding in pre-season following an accident last year in practice at Motegi in which he fractured three vertebrae – forcing him to miss the end of the season.

With the cancellation of the 250cc race at Indianapolis in the round before Japan Barbera´s last race of the year was his third place finish at Misano and the Valencian competitor is therefore understandably itching to return to action.

Later this month (26th-28th January) the first 250cc test of the year takes place at the southern Spanish circuit of Jerez, giving Barbera the opportunity to test his physical condition, to work with his new team - Pepe World Pons WRB - for the first time and to put his new 2009 Aprilia RSA prototype through its paces.

`I´m happy with the way my back is healing and I would say I´m already at about 98% in terms of my fitness level. I just need a little bit more time,´ explained the rider who is just reaching the conclusion of a lengthy rehab process. `I have been out of action for a few months and I´m not in the same condition as I was early last season but I am getting there. The training we are doing is really good and it is helping me to recover quickly. In fact I have just started running and it feels great. My back is still a bit sore because I need to rebuild the muscles there, but I am getting back to normal.´

The 22 year-old also told motogp.com just how much he is looking forward to working with his new employers, in a team headed up by former 250cc World Champion Sito Pons.

He stated, `We have the test in Jerez at the end of the month and the plan is just for me to get on the bike and see how I feel. After four months, which is the longest I have ever gone without riding, I´m really keen to get back on the track and see how everything goes.´

`I´m going into this new phase of my career with an extra year of experience and I feel that last year I just got injured when things were starting to go well,´ commented Barbera who had recorded six consecutive top five results before his costly Japanese crash. `This year I´ll be working with Sito Pons, who has a great team in place. He was a great rider himself, a legend, he has so much he can teach me and things are looking very positive. I think at times previously I had difficulties because of language barriers but this year we all speak Spanish and we all understand each other well.´

Regarding his main rivals this season Barbera added, `Well, with (Marco) Simoncelli and (Alvaro) Bautista we are talking about the World Champion and the runner-up in the category but everyone in the World Championship is good, so I don´t think you can really pick out anyone in particular. I just hope that the weather is good in testing and that we can do all the work we need to, so that I can really get ready for the start of the season. I missed out on the testing and the last few races at the end of 2008 so my rivals have had more time and I need to go for it right from the start of the year. I really want to get back on the bike and start working. The team and Sito have put faith in me even whilst I was injured so I want to repay that trust.´

tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down