MotoGP SBK Parc Ferme Fan Forum : Valentino Rossi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Bruce Lee Operation Dragon Film Complet Francais
Quartet of riders visit elephant sanctuary EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 12:26 am by wernefron

» I love valentino Rossi!
Quartet of riders visit elephant sanctuary EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:02 am by SmithJay

» Philosophical perceptions and methodologies for greater developments
Quartet of riders visit elephant sanctuary EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 4:29 am by Sienna

» Rossi's '01,'02,'03,'04,'05,'08, & '09 titles.
Quartet of riders visit elephant sanctuary EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:22 pm by lm240specz

» Valentino Rossi photo's
Quartet of riders visit elephant sanctuary EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 3:45 pm by Captain Keyes

» James Toseland's Pics
Quartet of riders visit elephant sanctuary EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 3:41 am by Mrs James Toseland

» James Toseland
Quartet of riders visit elephant sanctuary EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 1:50 pm by Mrs Fizz To52land

» Nicky Hayden photo's
Quartet of riders visit elephant sanctuary EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 2:26 pm by Mrs Fizz To52land

» Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1
Quartet of riders visit elephant sanctuary EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 11:37 am by Mrs James Toseland

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of MotoGP SBK Parc Ferme Fan Forum : Valentino Rossi on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Affiliates
free forum

Poll

Quartet of riders visit elephant sanctuary

Go down

Quartet of riders visit elephant sanctuary Empty Quartet of riders visit elephant sanctuary

Post by Mrs James Toseland Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:11 am

Quartet of riders visit elephant sanctuary

Thursday, 22 October 2009
Loris Capirossi, Hiroshi Aoyama, Héctor Barberá and Nico Terol visited the Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary in Malaysia.

Quartet of riders visit elephant sanctuary N504340_01_10.preview
In the build-up to the Shell Advance Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix on Wednesday a quartet of World Championship representatives, Loris Capirossi (Rizla Suzuki), Hiroshi Aoyama (Scot Racing), Héctor Barberá (Pepe World Team) and Nico Terol (Jack & Jones Team), took some time out to pay a visit to the Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary.
After setting off from the Sepang circuit in the morning the riders arrived at the Bukit Rengit Biodiversity Institute by midday and after lunch there they traveled a further short distance to the Kuala Gandah sanctuary, where they were welcomed by the centre’s dedicated staff.
The riders helped to feed the elephants, were treated to rides by the elephants themselves and then had the chance to further interact with the native Malaysian animals as they bathed – though only Terol was brave enough to join the animals in the water.
On the experience of riding one of the elephants and how it compares to riding a Grand Prix prototype, Terol stated, “Well obviously you are so much higher up and things are a lot calmer, but you know if there is a crash there is a much bigger distance to fall!”
Capirossi gave his views on the excursion, saying, “It was just amazing, it was a really nice feeling and when you see a place like this you realise how important it is that they are trying to save this beautiful animal. Riding the elephant was a bit like riding my Suzuki as they are both quite crazy! Being on top of the elephant is incredible, they are so powerful and strong and you feel how much bigger they are than us!”
Barberá was also an enthusiastic visitor to the sanctuary, adding, “It is the first time I have been so close to an elephant and I really loved it. It was a nice experience for us, in fact elephants are my favourite animals and I even have an elephant tattoo!”
Mrs James Toseland
Mrs James Toseland
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 927
Forum award points :
Quartet of riders visit elephant sanctuary Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100Quartet of riders visit elephant sanctuary Right_bar_bleue

Mood : Quartet of riders visit elephant sanctuary Whoo10
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down