MotoGP SBK Parc Ferme Fan Forum : Valentino Rossi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Bruce Lee Operation Dragon Film Complet Francais
Edwards highly satisfied, Toseland regaining confidence EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 12:26 am by wernefron

» I love valentino Rossi!
Edwards highly satisfied, Toseland regaining confidence EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:02 am by SmithJay

» Philosophical perceptions and methodologies for greater developments
Edwards highly satisfied, Toseland regaining confidence EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 4:29 am by Sienna

» Rossi's '01,'02,'03,'04,'05,'08, & '09 titles.
Edwards highly satisfied, Toseland regaining confidence EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:22 pm by lm240specz

» Valentino Rossi photo's
Edwards highly satisfied, Toseland regaining confidence EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 3:45 pm by Captain Keyes

» James Toseland's Pics
Edwards highly satisfied, Toseland regaining confidence EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 3:41 am by Mrs James Toseland

» James Toseland
Edwards highly satisfied, Toseland regaining confidence EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 1:50 pm by Mrs Fizz To52land

» Nicky Hayden photo's
Edwards highly satisfied, Toseland regaining confidence EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 2:26 pm by Mrs Fizz To52land

» Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1
Edwards highly satisfied, Toseland regaining confidence EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 11:37 am by Mrs James Toseland

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of MotoGP SBK Parc Ferme Fan Forum : Valentino Rossi on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Affiliates
free forum

Poll

Edwards highly satisfied, Toseland regaining confidence

Go down

Edwards highly satisfied, Toseland regaining confidence Empty Edwards highly satisfied, Toseland regaining confidence

Post by Mrs James Toseland Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:51 pm

Edwards highly satisfied, Toseland regaining confidence

Wednesday, 04 March 2009
Monster Yamaha Tech 3 completed a successful Qatar test on Tuesday, Colin Edwards looking comfortable throughout the three night visit and James Toseland improving on the final evening.

Edwards highly satisfied, Toseland regaining confidence N496849_edwards_1.preview
Colin Edwards continued his impressive winter testing form during the MotoGP Official Night Test at the Losail International Circuit, the American consistently appearing in the top three for the majority of the test as he continued an impressive switch to Bridgestone tyres.
A best time of 1’57.515 left the experienced Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider ninth on the final timesheets, though he was just 0.291s off fourth placed Chris Vermeulen’s pace.
With an eye on the first GP of the 2009 season in Qatar on 12th April, Edwards also completed a full 22-lap race simulation on the final evening of the test. maintaining a consistent pace throughout. His best time of the race simulation of 1’57.932 was set on his last lap.
“I am really happy with this test,” he said afterwards. “I’ve got to say the Yamaha and Bridgestone combination is very impressive. I’ve just been concentrating on trying to find a good setting for the race, even though we expect the temperature to be a little warmer when we return, but I’m really confident.”
“I couldn’t believe my race simulation. The grip from the Bridgestone tyres is really incredible and I’m seriously impressed. The grip just gets better the more distance you run on it and I did my best lap in the race simulation on the last lap. That’s just not something I’m used to at all. I feel stronger and more motivated than ever.”
James Toseland, meanwhile, made slow progress throughout the test, to post a best lap of 1’58.786 on the last night. That was 1.5s faster than his previous best time, but he still ended up way down the timesheet in 15th place overall.
Nonetheless, building up his confidence after a spectacular crash in Malaysia last month, he left Qatar in good spirits, stating, “It wasn’t an easy test but on the last night I felt like we were finding a good direction and I was certainly feeling a lot more comfortable on the bike. The crash in Sepang hit my confidence and it took me a while to find my rhythm, but I feel I can go much faster now. I just need time on the bike.”
Mrs James Toseland
Mrs James Toseland
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 927
Forum award points :
Edwards highly satisfied, Toseland regaining confidence Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100Edwards highly satisfied, Toseland regaining confidence Right_bar_bleue

Mood : Edwards highly satisfied, Toseland regaining confidence Whoo10
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum