MotoGP SBK Parc Ferme Fan Forum : Valentino Rossi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Bruce Lee Operation Dragon Film Complet Francais
Rossi unworried by Stoner surge EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 12:26 am by wernefron

» I love valentino Rossi!
Rossi unworried by Stoner surge EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:02 am by SmithJay

» Philosophical perceptions and methodologies for greater developments
Rossi unworried by Stoner surge EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 4:29 am by Sienna

» Rossi's '01,'02,'03,'04,'05,'08, & '09 titles.
Rossi unworried by Stoner surge EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:22 pm by lm240specz

» Valentino Rossi photo's
Rossi unworried by Stoner surge EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 3:45 pm by Captain Keyes

» James Toseland's Pics
Rossi unworried by Stoner surge EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 3:41 am by Mrs James Toseland

» James Toseland
Rossi unworried by Stoner surge EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 1:50 pm by Mrs Fizz To52land

» Nicky Hayden photo's
Rossi unworried by Stoner surge EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 2:26 pm by Mrs Fizz To52land

» Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1
Rossi unworried by Stoner surge EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 11:37 am by Mrs James Toseland

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of MotoGP SBK Parc Ferme Fan Forum : Valentino Rossi on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Affiliates
free forum

Poll

Rossi unworried by Stoner surge

Go down

Rossi unworried by Stoner surge Empty Rossi unworried by Stoner surge

Post by Mrs James Toseland Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:47 pm

Rossi unworried by Stoner surge

Wednesday, 04 March 2009
MotoGP World Champion concentrating on own work after Qatari test.

Rossi unworried by Stoner surge N496826_rossi2.preview
A storming lap from expected title rival Casey Stoner and his own aborted race simulation could have left Valentino Rossi concerned in Qatar, but the reigning MotoGP World Champion was in good spirits after finishing third on night three of testing in the Arab emirate.
Rossi racked up a quickest time of 1’56.972 from 75 laps, over a second down on Stoner’s fastest lap and two-tenths of a second slower than teammate Jorge Lorenzo. The Italian saw his attempts at working on his race pace ended by the troublesome conditions experienced over the three days, switching his focus to other aspects of the Yamaha M1.
“Our position is not so bad; we’re third, close to Lorenzo. Stoner is very fast but I am not too worried because we have a good idea about our path for the race and I think that in one month, when it is hopefully a few degrees warmer, we will be okay,” Rossi insisted on Tuesday night after making a breakthrough with electronics and acceleration.
“In the early part of the evening we were fast enough but later on, when it became much colder and the grip went down, we suffered quite a bit. I started a long run but in fact I was getting slower and slower, so we didn’t finish and instead we concentrated on trying some different things with the setting.”
”This is not a great track for me or for the bike and the target for the race is to be better than last year! Next we go to Jerez for the final test and I am expecting to be strong there.”
Last year’s Qatari round proved problematic for Rossi, who qualified seventh and crossed the line in fifth place - one of only two occasions in which he was absent from the podium in 2008
Mrs James Toseland
Mrs James Toseland
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 927
Forum award points :
Rossi unworried by Stoner surge Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100Rossi unworried by Stoner surge Right_bar_bleue

Mood : Rossi unworried by Stoner surge Whoo10
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down