Latest topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of MotoGP SBK Parc Ferme Fan Forum : Valentino Rossi on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Affiliates
free forum

Poll

Formula 1 and Formula 2

Go down

Formula 1 and Formula 2

Post by Mrs James Toseland on Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:23 am

Team Brundle hits F2

(they think he will be the new hamilon......... but i dont support hamilton i might give him a try as long as he isnt in the paper as much as lewis)

WE’VE seen the Brundle name in Formula 1 — and now we’re going to see it in Formula 2.
Alex Brundle — son of former F1 ace Martin, now a top telly commentator — is the latest driver to sign up for the new F2 championship.

Like all his rivals, he will drive a car built by the Williams F1 team in the international series for Grand Prix wannabes.

Alex, 18, is graduating from the Formula Palmer Audi championship in which he took three podiums on his way to sixth in the 2008 standings.

The teenager also scooped a pole position on the Brands Hatch Grand Prix circuit, which the F2 series will visit this year.

He said: “Formula 2 is the right choice for my career and driving a car designed by a Formula 1 team is fantastic.

“The level of competition will be huge but I see that as an opportunity not a threat. I just can’t wait to get in the car.”

Dad Martin, who will be a key player in the BBC's F1 coverage this year, said: “F2 cars will be fast, competitive, strong, equal, high profile and good value.

“It ticks many boxes for drivers, their parents and sponsors. And the direct F1 link is important, too

]
Mrs James Toseland
Mrs James Toseland
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 927
Forum award points :
20 / 10020 / 100

Mood :
Registration date : 2008-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1 and Formula 2

Post by Mrs James Toseland on Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:25 am

Gillett on track to save British GP

DONINGTON PARK faces D-day in its £100million bid to keep the British Grand Prix alive.

Ambitious plans to upgrade the circuit are set to get the OK from councillors in Leicestershire.

That will still leave new boss Simon Gillett a 17-month race to get the work completed in time for the first Formula One showpiece next year.

But Gillett, who snatched the rights from Silverstone last year, rubbished claims his plans will flounder.

He said: “I don’t intend trying to convince anyone the race will happen.

“They will see when buildings come out of the ground and cars turn up on the grid.

“We’ve put our money where our mouth is, stepped up to the plate and thought the British GP is important enough to save.”

]
Mrs James Toseland
Mrs James Toseland
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Forum award points :
20 / 10020 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1 and Formula 2

Post by Mrs James Toseland on Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:30 am

Bernie raps Hamilton claims

BERNIE ECCLESTONE has slammed critics over claims he did not want Lewis Hamilton to win the Formula One world championship.

The F1 CEO was lambasted for thinking that Hamilton was not worthy of being the world champ because he only had to finish in fifth place in Brazil to clinch the championship.

Ecclestone said: “Rubbish! Lewis is a worthy world champion and nobody was more delighted than I was that he won.

"He was destined to be a champion and it was just a question of when, not if, he would win.

“The only thing I was uncomfortable with was that under the current system Lewis needed to finish only fifth in the last race to win the title and I don’t think the fans go to races or switch on their TV to watch a great driver aim for fifth place.

"They want to see the best drivers in the world battling hard for a race win.”

12.5million viewers tuned in to watch the Stevenage racer win his maiden world title.

To make F1 more attractive to fans, Ecclestone has suggested a medal system, similar to the Olympics.

Ecclestone said: “My idea is that instead of points we should award medals to the drivers finishing first to third in a race – gold, silver and bronze.”

The drivers championship will be decided by whoever wins the most gold medals.

Ecclestone believes that this will make F1 more attractive for the fans and give more incentive to the drivers to push harder for the championship.

He said: “It will make F1 a much more exciting spectacle because it will incentivise drivers to race to win.

“We should see much more overtaking, drivers will take more chances and they will race each other all the way to the chequered flag.

“At the moment, quite often we see drivers settling for second, third or fourth position and the race can be dull in the final stint after the last round of pit stops.

“The drivers aren’t to blame, but the scoring system forces them to be more conservative.

"As things are, if they want to take the title, it is better to settle for a few, safe points rather than chase down the guy in front and risk going home with no points.”

Fingers have been pointed at the drivers in the past for their anaemic approach to races in securing any points towards their championship.

Advertisement

In 2007, Hamilton was leading the drivers’ championship before he even secured his first F1 win.

This season saw BMW Sauber driver Robert Kubica lead the championship on more points even though Hamilton, Felipe Massa and Kimi Raikkonen had all won races.

With a dramatic overhaul expect for the drivers’ championship, the constructors championship will remain untouched.

Ecclestone said: “I think we should keep that as it is – awarding points for places 1 to 8 as we do now.

"For the teams, constructor points are purely a financial matter as they determine a team’s share of the annual prize fund.

“Fighting for a point or two really matters to the teams further down the grid and I don’t see any reason to change that.”

]
Mrs James Toseland
Mrs James Toseland
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Forum award points :
20 / 10020 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down