MotoGP SBK Parc Ferme Fan Forum : Valentino Rossi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Bruce Lee Operation Dragon Film Complet Francais
Mika Kallio EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 12:26 am by wernefron

» I love valentino Rossi!
Mika Kallio EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:02 am by SmithJay

» Philosophical perceptions and methodologies for greater developments
Mika Kallio EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 4:29 am by Sienna

» Rossi's '01,'02,'03,'04,'05,'08, & '09 titles.
Mika Kallio EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:22 pm by lm240specz

» Valentino Rossi photo's
Mika Kallio EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 3:45 pm by Captain Keyes

» James Toseland's Pics
Mika Kallio EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 3:41 am by Mrs James Toseland

» James Toseland
Mika Kallio EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 1:50 pm by Mrs Fizz To52land

» Nicky Hayden photo's
Mika Kallio EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 2:26 pm by Mrs Fizz To52land

» Crutchlow and Toseland complete their first day of testing on the Yamaha R1
Mika Kallio EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 11:37 am by Mrs James Toseland

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of MotoGP SBK Parc Ferme Fan Forum : Valentino Rossi on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Affiliates
free forum

Poll

Mika Kallio

Go down

Mika Kallio Empty Mika Kallio

Post by tammerz Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:59 am

Ducati boss confident in Mika Kallio
By Matthew Birt

MotoGP

17 December 2008 10:04

Factory Ducati boss Livio Suppo believes Finnish rider Mika Kallio could be one of the surprise packages of the 2009 MotoGP world championship.

The Pramac Racing rookie was in dazzling form at the recent Jerez test session in Spain, springing a major surprise when he clocked the seventh fastest overall time.

That saw the KTM rider beat a host of established MotoGP stars including Colin Edwards and James Toseland, and he was only 0.1s adrift of 2008 Rookie of the Year Jorge Lorenzo.

His early performances have already convinced Ducati’s hierarchy that he could have a big impact in 2009 when he partners fellow MotoGP novice Niccolo Canepa in Ducati’s satellite squad.

Suppo added: “He is a guy who has a very good approach. He is not trying to go fast just to be fast. He is trying to learn and understand the bike and the engineers and when he feels good the time arrives.

"The performance he showed in the 250 class was impressive. People seem to forget in 2007 he was a rookie in 250 and at times he was able to beat Jorge and Andrea (Dovizioso) who have shown in 2008 they are very strong
tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2395
Forum award points :
Mika Kallio Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100Mika Kallio Right_bar_bleue

Mood : Mika Kallio Thcoo10
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Mika Kallio Empty Re: Mika Kallio

Post by tammerz Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:50 am

Kallio compares MotoGP and 250cc riding
Tuesday, 02 December 2008

Alice Team rider feels Ducati Desmosedici to be more forgiving than KTM 250cc.

Mika Kallio 236336_Mika+Kallio+in+MotoGP+test+in+Jerez-1280x960-nov27.jpg.preview

One of two newcomers to the MotoGP class to have come up from 250cc, Mika Kallio is the first rider to do so with the tricky Ducati Desmosedici. The nature of the machine makes it one of the most contrasting bikes to the two-stroke KTM to which he has become accustomed, although the Finn has made a promising start with his new ride in preseason testing.

The quarter-litre category´s `class of 2007´ (Jorge Lorenzo, Andrea Dovizioso and Alex de Angelis) had expressed their surprise with the electronic systems used in the premier class last year, with Dovizioso in particular saying that he felt more comfortable and confident on the bigger 800cc Honda than with the 250cc version. Kallio shares his opinion to an extent, based on his experiences in Valencia and Jerez.

`Perhaps it is a little easier to ride this bike,´ the Finn told motogp.com this week. `It´s a difficult one to judge. On one hand the 250cc machine is easier because there´s less power, and on the other you have more power in MotoGP but with help from the electronics.

`The bikes are completely different; the power certainly makes things harder, but let´s say that in terms of general riding the 250cc is more difficult. You can´t make a mistake, because you can´t use the power to fix the problem. As an example; in MotoGP you can brake a little too late, go two metres wide, but still fix the problem.´

Whether he feels more at ease with the bike or not, there is still plenty of adaptation for the former 125cc World Championship runner-up to make. Two positive tests on Spanish soil have done much to help Kallio´s progress, although there were some difficulties along the way.

`For me everything is going quite well with my new team and new bike. Everything felt quite different to the 250cc in Valencia, but already my first lap times were good,´

`Then we continued testing in Jerez and felt on the first day that it was more difficult. We got used to it again and the second day was really good. We made adjustments to make the bike better for my riding style and feeling.´

Whilst Kallio is yet to engage in deep discussion with the Alice Team over whether he will be able to indulge his hobby of ice racing over the winter break, the Finn has assured that he will definitely be doing some practices in the discipline. Besides that, his winter training has been planned to keep him race fit and help him gain additional power for the task at hand.
tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:50 am

i hope he does well, i liked him in the 250cc
tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:14 am

Kallio hosts Pramac Racing team in Finland
Friday, 16 January 2009

Finnish rider puts up new team crew in winter cottage for week of activities.

Mika Kallio 236573_Mika+Kallio+and+the+Pramac+Racing+Team+staff+in+Finland-1280x960-jan16.jpg.preview

In a team bonding exercise initiated by MotoGP rookie Mika Kallio, the Finnish rider and his Pramac Racing crew have been getting to know one another over the past four days. Kallio invited his crew to spend the past four days in his winter retreat of Levi to take part in some of his favourite off-season activities.

Snowmobile driving and an ice-track test drive with Finnish rally driver Harri Rovanpera were the more regular of the pastimes introduced to the Italian outfit by Kallio, but the team´s willingness to brave temperatures of up to -36° C left even the former 250cc star impressed.

`I was really surprised that all the guys made it to follow us in all the activities planned; especially diving and swimming in the frozen lake! I never thought that they would have done it,´ said Kallio of the team´s participation in the sauna-cold contrast exercise traditional to his homeland. `This is the team spirit I like! I meet some special people and I am sure we will get alone very well.´

Pramac Racing Team Director was taken aback by his new rider´s generosity, a novelty for even the experienced paddock figure.

`When we first received the invitation from Mika in November we were totally surprised. I have been in the bike racing world from many years and I had never heard of a rider who invited his new crew to his house during pre season. It was very kind of him and we have of course accepted. We were really excited to live this marvelous experience,´ commented the Italian.

`In the name of the Pramac Racing Team I want to thank Mika and his staff for this unforgettable experience.´

tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content