Latest topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of MotoGP SBK Parc Ferme Fan Forum : Valentino Rossi on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Affiliates
free forum

Poll

The 2009 Season

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: The 2009 Season

Post by tassiedevil on Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:25 pm

I'm going to hit them up for stuff to give away on the forum..
tassiedevil
tassiedevil
International woman of mystery
International woman of mystery

Number of posts : 198
Forum award points :
20 / 10020 / 100

Mood :
Registration date : 2008-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by valegirl46 on Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:36 am

tassiedevil wrote:I'm going to hit them up for stuff to give away on the forum..

Thats an excellent idea, lets hope they are generous Very Happy
valegirl46
valegirl46
Vale's lucky charm
Vale's lucky charm

Number of posts : 368
Forum award points :
10 / 10010 / 100

Mood :
Registration date : 2008-10-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs James Toseland on Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:34 am

yeah lets hope that they give you james

you can past him straight to me too look after i promise he will still be in the package LOL

]
Mrs James Toseland
Mrs James Toseland
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 927
Forum award points :
20 / 10020 / 100

Mood :
Registration date : 2008-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs James Toseland on Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:50 am

Sepang test: MotoGP cost cutting measures revealed
By Matthew Birt

MotoGP

06 February 2009 09:06

MotoGP engines will have to last for two races for the final part of the 2009 world championship campaign, MCN can exclusively reveal.

The new rule, which means a rider must use the same engine for two races as part of a range of cost cutting measure, will come into force for the Indianapolis GP in America at the end of August.

The increase in engine life is part of plans to be put before the Grand Prix Commission in the next fortnight after lengthy meetings between representatives of the Motorcycle Sport Manufacturers Association (MSMA), International Race Teams Association (IRTA), FIM and Dorna in Sepang this week.

Extending engine life to two races later this season is an interim proposal, with the MSMA planning to extend the rule to three races for the 2010 campaign.

Currently in MotoGP, a team changes an engine every race with the high performance engines normally lasting between 600 and 800ks.

Other rules for 2009 set to be approved at the Grand Prix Commission meeting later this month will see Friday morning’s MotoGP free practice session scrapped.

And the other practice and qualifying sessions cut from one hour to 45 minutes to help cut down on engine mileage. Teams estimate that could save them around 4000ks in engine use.

The five post race European tests will also be abolished, though a compromise could be to keep the scheduled tests in Catalunya and Brno on the calendar.

Rules for 2010, which will be further debated by the MSMA at next month’s Qatar night test, include reverting to a one bike per rider rule, and extending engine life to three races.

One possible option to further cut engine mileage in 2010 is to completely scrap Friday practice and only run two-day meetings.

One suggestion has also been to ban carbon brakes, but it is estimated that would only save around £50,000 for a two-rider team per season.

For full details see next Wednesday’s MCN, out on February 18

]
Mrs James Toseland
Mrs James Toseland
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Forum award points :
20 / 10020 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs James Toseland on Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:39 pm

Rossi and Lorenzo pleased with test results

Saturday, 07 February 2009
The Fiat Yamaha team left Malaysia on Saturday with confidence high, after three productive days of testing.

Factory Yamaha colleagues Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo rounded off the first test of 2009 in good form on Saturday, with Rossi finishing second, less than one tenth off pace-setter Casey Stoner and Lorenzo ending up seventh – the Spaniard inside lap record pace for the first time this week.
World Champion Rossi again focused mainly on electronics on the last day as he continued to fine-tune the 2009 M1 ahead of his title defence. Due to the stitches in his hand and foot he decided not to attempt a race simulation, but he was able to improve on his time from Friday by half a second and recorded a best lap of 2’01.137.
The Italian star enthused: “I am leaving this place feeling happy, because we’ve made a good start. Everything went well: my pain is reducing, the bike is good and I am feeling better and better. We finished everything we wanted to do on the bike and the setting and the rhythm are quite good. The lap time is fast so we have made a good start. We didn’t do the long run, but actually we didn’t need to. Without my injury maybe it would have been possible, but in this situation we decided to leave it.”
He continued confidently, “I don't think that my injuries made much difference to my speed here and by the Qatar test I will be back in perfect shape. I did the fastest lap today with the hard Bridgestone tyre, so it means that the bike is good. The first test of the year is always difficult, even if you trained a lot in the winter, so I am happy.”
Previewing the next test date at the Losail International Circuit at the beginning of next month Rossi concluded, “Qatar will be interesting, because last year we weren’t strong there, but then last year the bike was not yet ready when we went to the first race in Doha. I am really looking forward to the next test there.”
Meanwhile, his team-mate Lorenzo had struggled to find confidence on the first two days of tests, but for the first time on Saturday he found his rhythm with the new Bridgestone tyres. He was delighted to complete a race simulation of 22 laps and his best lap of the day, in a time of 2’01.907, was over a second quicker than his Friday best.
The youngster from Majorca stated, “I am very happy because today I’ve seen how fast I can ride with the Bridgestone tyres. Today has definitely been the best day for me at this test. We did a long run in hot conditions and I was able to finish 22 laps without stopping. I was tired when I finished but it was incredible; the rhythm was good and my best lap was right at the end, when I did a 2’01.9. This means that I have improved over a second since yesterday and we have made a big step forward.”
The results from the concluding day at Sepang can be found here.

]
Mrs James Toseland
Mrs James Toseland
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Forum award points :
20 / 10020 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs James Toseland on Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:40 pm

De Puniet: "I need more time to adjust the bike"

Thirteenth fastest on the third day of testing at Sepang, LCR Honda's Randy de Puniet hopes to improve next time out in Qatar.

LCR Honda's Randy de Puniet completed 50 laps of Sepang on Saturday aboard the Bridgestone-shod 2009 spec RC212V, clocking a fastest lap time of 2’03.418 (thirteenth quickest overall).
The Frenchman undertook tyre tests and setting evaluations throughout the day in favourably warm conditions at the Malaysian track.
"We improved the lap time but it’s not enough for me: last year I was fourth here in the same test session," said the Frenchman. "There are a lot of things to adjust but this first outing has given us important data for next test session in Qatar."
"This morning we took a step forward and I knew I could improve more in the afternoon but we suffered some brake problems and we missed more than one hour of testing. Today I feel more positive than yesterday but I need more time to adjust the bike."

]
Mrs James Toseland
Mrs James Toseland
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Forum award points :
20 / 10020 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs James Toseland on Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:41 pm

Dovizioso confident after first 2009 test

Andrea Dovizioso completed the first MotoGP test of 2009 with positive feelings in Malaysia.

The Repsol Honda man continued his adaptation to the new RC212V, evaluating the chassis of his machine and working on matching the bike's settings with the new Bridgestone tyres in typically tropical conditions.
The Italian rider, who last year scored his first MotoGP podium at Sepang, was Repsol Honda’s lone rider on Saturday following Dani Pedrosa's early departure on Friday. Dovizioso improved his race pace on the final day, cutting more than four tenths off his lap time from the previous day.
"We focused on bike set up and decided the way to go concerning the chassis," commented the former 125cc World Champion. "We learned a lot during the three days and I’m very confident. We need more work to adapt the machine to the tyres, this is a very important point. Concerning the engine, my feeling is that we need a smoother power delivery."
"Today it was really hot and it was very demanding out there from a physical point of view, especially after a break of more than two months. I did a long run of eleven laps to understand the machine better, to practice with the tyres and collect data. All in all, we have done a very good job and everybody in the team is very motivated."
His team-mate Dani Pedrosa ended the test session on Friday after completing the test programme with confidence and good feelings, even if he decided to return to Barcelona earlier than originally planned, as he continues to recover from a knee injury which he picked up at the end of last year.
"I’m satisfied of the work done during these three days of testing, both riders and team worked very well and we have fixed the line to follow for the season," said team manager Kazuhiko Yamano. "We made an important step forward. Dani finished his programme yesterday, he understood the bike and the way to go and Andrea concluded the job today with a long run. The motivation in the team in very high and we look forward to the next test session."
Repsol Honda will resume testing at Losail, Qatar, from 1st-3rd of March.

]
Mrs James Toseland
Mrs James Toseland
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Forum award points :
20 / 10020 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs James Toseland on Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:42 pm

Hayden makes steady progress with Desmosedici

Nicky Hayden made continual progress over the three days of the Sepang test, improving by another half second on the final day.

The 2006 World Champion Nicky Hayden continued his adaptation to the Desmosedici GP9 and his new Bridgestone tyres in Sepang, steadily reducing his lap times over the course of the three day test.
The American is determined to use the information gathered in Malaysia to full effect at the next test in Qatar at the beginning of March, having already shown the team his famous dedication to the task.
The timesheet-topping laps registered by his new team-mate and friend Casey Stoner in Seepang have given Hayden the belief that there is a lot more to come from himself and his bike, providing confidence and motivation in this new chapter in his career.
Unshaken by a crash on Saturday, Hayden reflected on the Malaysian visit saying, “We started out on the right foot again today and I managed to knock six tenths of a second off my best lap from yesterday. Then in the early part of the afternoon I had a little crash in turn two, where to be honest they’ve done a bad job of resurfacing the track and it has caught a few riders out this week. Luckily I wasn’t hurt.”
”Obviously I’m not happy with my lap times,” he continued. “I was expecting more from myself, but I have to stay positive. I’ve improved my lap times every day and we have gathered a lot of data to work from in the next test. The fact Casey is already so fast means that the bike has the potential – it can only be a good thing that he is going so quick. The Bridgestones are really consistent and I was able to do my first long run on the Ducati without any tyre life problems.”

]
Mrs James Toseland
Mrs James Toseland
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Forum award points :
20 / 10020 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs James Toseland on Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:43 pm

Bridgestone complete successful first test of 2009

The first test of the 2009 MotoGP season was successfully concluded on Saturday with all 17 riders in attendance using Bridgestone tyres, under the single tyre ruling that has come into effect for this season.

After three days of uninterrupted running in the Malaysian heat, Ducati’s Casey Stoner finished fastest, followed closely by Fiat Yamaha’s Valentino Rossi and Rizla Suzuki’s Loris Capirossi. With every machine equipped with the same tyres, the top five riders were separated by just 0.5seconds.
As per the new single tyre supplier regulations, Bridgestone brought two compounds of its slick tyre to the test - medium and hard. Each rider was supplied with a total of ten sets of tyres during the course of the three days, as well as an additional three tyres (one front and two rears) for Bridgestone’s testing purposes.
On the opening day of the test every rider was allocated two medium sets and two hard sets of tyres. A further three sets of tyres were provided per additional day with each rider selecting his combination of compounds.
The test gave Bridgestone an excellent opportunity to continue working closely with all this year’s teams and riders and also to introduce two different specifications of extra hard compound rear tyre, under development for races later in the season such as the Sachsenring and Phillip Island. Each rider was offered one of each specification, along with an additional hard compound front tyre for the testing runs, and the performance of each closely monitored.
Tohru Ubukata – Bridgestone Motorsport – Manager Motorcycle Race Tyre Development
“The test has been very successful for us, as all the teams responded positively to the performance and durability of our tyres, and we have gathered some valuable data relating to our extra hard compound rear tyres. This will allow us to determine the best way to develop these for races later in the season. The test has also given us a lot of information that will allow us to ensure we select the correct tyre compound choices for future hot races.”
Hiroshi Yamada – Bridgestone Motorsport – Manager Motorcycle Sport Unit
“We are very pleased with the performance of our tyres following the first test of this season. Of course we have good relationships with many teams from previous years, but there are also new teams that we have recently started working with and the test has allowed us to continue to build these relationships. I’d like to thank all the teams and riders for their cooperation in this first test of the year as we look forward to the first race in Qatar. We have had very positive feedback from all the teams over the last three days and the times at the front are very close which is exciting for competition this year.”

]
Mrs James Toseland
Mrs James Toseland
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Forum award points :
20 / 10020 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz on Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:06 pm

Mrs James Toseland wrote:De Puniet: "I need more time to adjust the bike"

Thirteenth fastest on the third day of testing at Sepang, LCR Honda's Randy de Puniet hopes to improve next time out in Qatar.

LCR Honda's Randy de Puniet completed 50 laps of Sepang on Saturday aboard the Bridgestone-shod 2009 spec RC212V, clocking a fastest lap time of 2’03.418 (thirteenth quickest overall).
The Frenchman undertook tyre tests and setting evaluations throughout the day in favourably warm conditions at the Malaysian track.
"We improved the lap time but it’s not enough for me: last year I was fourth here in the same test session," said the Frenchman. "There are a lot of things to adjust but this first outing has given us important data for next test session in Qatar."
"This morning we took a step forward and I knew I could improve more in the afternoon but we suffered some brake problems and we missed more than one hour of testing. Today I feel more positive than yesterday but I need more time to adjust the bike."

thats okay, its the first test of the season
he will be fine
and he didnt crash
thats a good sign

tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2395
Forum award points :
30 / 10030 / 100

Mood :
Registration date : 2008-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs James Toseland on Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:47 am

yeah lets hope its a good year for our men

we already know vale will be great

]
Mrs James Toseland
Mrs James Toseland
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Forum award points :
20 / 10020 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs James Toseland on Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:52 am

YAMAHA

News - 08/02/2009
Sepang MotoGP Test

Fiat Yamaha Team riders Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo rounded off the first test of the 2009 season in strong style, with the Italian finishing second, less than one tenth off Casey Stoner. His Spanish team-mate was seventh and inside the lap record pace for the first time this week.

Rossi continued to focus mainly on electronics on the last day as he looked to fine-tune the 2009 M1 step-by-step. With the stitches in his hand and foot he decided not to attempt a long-run, but was able to improve on his time from previous days by half a second and recorded a best lap of 2’01.137.

Lorenzo had struggled to find confidence on the first two days of tests but on the final day found his rhythm with the new Bridgestone tyres. He was delighted to complete a long-run of 22 laps and his best lap of the day, in a time of 2’01.907, was over a second quicker compared to previous times during this test.

The next stop for the team is a night test at Doha in Qatar on 1st, 2nd and 3rd February.

Valentino Rossi - Position: 2nd Time: 2'01.137 Laps: 43
I am leaving this place feeling happy, because we’ve made a good start. Everything went well: my pain is less, the bike is good and I am feeling better and better. We finished everything we wanted to do on the bike and the setting and the rhythm is quite good. The lap time is fast so we have made a good start. We didn’t do the long run, but actually we didn’t need to. Without my injury maybe it would have been possible, but in this situation we decided to leave it. My injuries are getting better each day because they’re only cuts and they’re healing fast. I don't think that they made much difference to my speed here and by the Qatar test I will be back in perfect shape. I did the fastest lap today with the hard Bridgestone tyre, so it means that the bike is good. For sure we need to improve some more but since this year we have less testing, this performance has been very important. The first test of the year is always difficult, even if you trained a lot in the winter, so I am happy! Qatar will be interesting, because last year we weren’t strong there, but then last year the bike was not yet ready when we went to the first race in Doha. I am really looking forward to the next text there.”

Jorge Lorenzo - Position: 7th Time: 2'01.907 Laps: 61
“I am very happy because I’ve seen how fast I can ride with the Bridgestone tyres. Today has definitely been the best day for me at this opening test of the year. Also, we have been able to do a long run in hot conditions with 32 degrees (36 in the afternoon!), and I was able to finish 22 laps without stopping.I was tired when I finished but it was incredible; the rhythm was good and my best lap was right at the end, when I did a 2’01.9. This means that I have improved over a second since yesterday and we have made a big step forward. We need kilometres under our belt and we’ve got some week! All the team worked hard up until the last minute and now they will keep going so we can try to go even better in Qatar next month. We have to continue in the same way as today, improving all the time, because we don’t have that much time until the first race!”

Davide Brivio - Team Manager
“The bike is going well and we have made a good start. We are just working hard, mainly on electronics, and the set-up process is going well. This bike was created to run with Bridgestone tyres, after the experience Valentino had with Bridgestone last year, so it should be better than the 2008 bike. Today we made a short run with both the hard and the soft tyres, in order to understand how they work. It is very important because you need to understand what tyre you need to make the best qualifying times, harder or softer. At the Qatar GP last year we had the most problems of the season, so I am looking forward to going there for the next test and seeing how much we have improved in the last year! It will be very interesting to see what level we have achieved.”

Daniele Romagnoli - Team Manager
"Today Jorge made a big improvement compared to the first two days. He mainly concentrated on adapting his riding style to the Bridgestone tyres and finally found more confidence going into the turns. Then the team tried some little changes to the chassis set-up and found some improvement and Jorge did a race simulation during which he showed a very good pace. He set the best time of the simulation, a 2.01.917, on the last lap. Now we are waiting to test in Qatar where last year we had a fantastic race; hopefully we will find ourselves in good shape there again!"
Test Times
1. Casey Stoner (AUS) Ducati Marlboro Team 2'01.043

2. Valentino Rossi (ITA) Fiat Yamaha Team 2'01.137

3. Loris Capirossi (ITA) Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 2'01.262

4. Colin Edwards (USA) Tech 3 Yamaha 2'01.413

5. Toni Elias (SPA) Team San Carlo 2'01.560

6. Chris Vermeulen (AUS) Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 2'01.666

7. Jorge Lorenzo (SPA) Fiat Yamaha Team 2'01.907

8. Andrea Dovizioso (ITA) Repsol Honda 2'01.955

9. Mika Kallio (FIN) Alice Team 2'02.386

10. Nicky Hayden (USA) Ducati Marlboro Team 2'02.497

11. Alex De Angelis (RSM) Team San Carlo 2'02.523

12. Sete Gibernau (SPA) Grupo Francisco Hernando 2'02.727

13. Randy De Puniet (FRA) LCR Honda MotoGP 2'03.418

14. Yuki Takahashi (JPN) Scot Racing Team 2'03.474

15. Niccolo Canepa (ITA) Alice Team 2'03.901

16. James Toseland (GBR) Tech 3 Yamaha 2'03.953

17. Yamaha Test Rider 1 (JPN) Yamaha Factory Racing 2'04.328

18. Yamaha Test Rider 2 (JPN) Yamaha Factory Racing 2'04.614

Sepang: Record Lap

Casey Stoner (Ducati) 2007, 2'02.108

Sepang: Best Lap
V. Rossi (Yamaha) 2006, 2'00.605

]
Mrs James Toseland
Mrs James Toseland
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Forum award points :
20 / 10020 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:11 pm

Poor Nicky in his usual 10th spot...
Admin
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 186
Forum award points :
20 / 10020 / 100

Mood :
Registration date : 2008-10-11

View user profile http://parcferme.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz on Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:44 am

well look at randy

13th

not a lucky number

at least he didnt fall

tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2395
Forum award points :
30 / 10030 / 100

Mood :
Registration date : 2008-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs James Toseland on Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:19 am

and he did better than james im shocked

]
Mrs James Toseland
Mrs James Toseland
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Forum award points :
20 / 10020 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs James Toseland on Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:29 pm

Monster joins Tech 3?????

James Toseland and Colin Edwards are expected to line-up on the 2009 MotoGP grid with backing from energy drink Monster, MCN can reveal.

The American energy drink giant is close to signing a deal to back the French-based squad following the collapse of Kawasaki’s factory MotoGP, which Monster had signed to support again in 2009.

Monster backed Kawasaki’s factory team in a deal tied in with American rider John Hopkins.

And bosses don’t want Monster to lose its position in the MotoGP market with Kawasaki announcing last month it would withdraw from the premier class because of the worldwide recession.

The company recently signed a personal sponsorship deal with reigning world champion Valentino Rossi and the Italian now carries the famous green ‘M’ logo on his paddock cap and he has stickers on either side of his AGV helmet

]
Mrs James Toseland
Mrs James Toseland
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Forum award points :
20 / 10020 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down