Latest topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of MotoGP SBK Parc Ferme Fan Forum : Valentino Rossi on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Affiliates
free forum

Poll

The 2009 Season

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: The 2009 Season

Post by tammerz on Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:20 am

MotoGP » Alice to sponsor 2009 Dutch TT.
Friday, 19th December 2008

Alice becomes title sponsor of 2009 Dutch TT.

Alice will become the title sponsor of next year's Dutch TT on June 27, Telecom Italia and Dorna Sports confirmed today.

The Italian telecommunications company will also continue its title sponsorship at Mugello (Italy) and Sachsenring (Germany) next season, and will again have a further branding presence at various other Grands Prix.

However, it is still not known if Alice will return as title sponsor of the Pramac Racing MotoGP team.

Next season's Alice TT Assen takes place from June 25-27, meaning that the race itself will be run on the last Saturday in June, in keeping with tradition.

The Dutch TT was previously sponsored by A-Style.

tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2395
Forum award points :
30 / 10030 / 100

Mood :
Registration date : 2008-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz on Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:21 am

does that mean no more of the doggie style Astyle icon?

tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :
30 / 10030 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz on Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:03 am

Cash injection not answer to improving Suzuki GSV-R
By Matthew Birt

MotoGP

18 December 2008 16:20

Factory boss Paul Denning doesn’t believe Suzuki has to increase its budget to compete with the likes of Yamaha, Ducati and Honda in the 2009 MotoGP world championship.

Chris Vermeulen and Loris Capirossi were only eighth and tenth respectively in the standings last season as the GSV-R had a disappointing second assault in the 800cc era.

Suzuki is already working on a radically revamped V4 for next season to bridge the gap to rivals like Yamaha and Ducati, but Denning denied that meant a fresh injection of funds, despite the global economic crisis.

Suzuki announced this week that it would withdraw from the World Rally Championship after just one season due to the financial slowdown. The move though has no impact on Suzuki’s MotoGP effort.

Denning told MCN: “For us it is not a question of budget to go quicker. It is a question of using the existing budget, making the right decisions and making sure the priorities are focused on. I don’t think Suzuki needs to spend more money. I think the budget it appropriate technically to get the job done. It’s a question of making the right decisions and not more expensive decisions.”

Suzuki has restructured its racing department ahead of next season, with Technical Manager Shinichi Sahara moving to the role of Group Leader for the MotoGP project.

Denning added: “Now there is a more clearly defined relationship between development and performance target and I think even the recent Phillip Island test showed us that every single new part we bolted on the bike was for a logical reason instead of a designers idea we thought might work.”

tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :
30 / 10030 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz on Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:04 am

Yamaha hoping to remain dominant in 2009
By Matthew Birt

MotoGP

18 December 2008 12:32

Top Yamaha boss Lin Jarvis is confident the 2009 YZR-M1 will remain the dominant brand in MotoGP next season.

The Japanese factory had a phenomenal return to form last season by collecting a clean sweep of the major premier class prizes.

Valentino Rossi took the individual glory with nine victories on his way to a sixth world title, while his Fiat Yamaha squad won the coveted team award with the help of impressive Spanish rookie Jorge Lorenzo.

Yamaha also won the manufacturers title to take the triple crown back from Bologna rivals Ducati.

And Jarvis told MCN: “As a brand this year Yamaha proved itself to be the reference brand. By not only having Valentino win and dominate, but we had the triple crown with the team and manufacturer awards too. Our bike was clearly good with Michelin and Bridgestone and a multitude of riders, so we hope we can achieve a similar level of success next season.”

Jarvis also said it was apparent that Ducati was adopting a similar strategy to the Japanese factory in 2009.

Ducati will field five GP9 machines next season and Jarvis added: “Ducati is adopting a similar strategy next year where they want to supply more equal bikes to all their five riders. That’s also to re-establish the credibility of the Ducati brand, which has suffered a little bit this year by having a bike that only Casey (Stoner) could ride.

"I think it didn’t do many favours to the Ducati brand this year and they want to recover next year with all five riders being in front. We are all in MotoGP to prove the same point.”

tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :
30 / 10030 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz on Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:11 am

MotoGP calendar cut not answer to cost saving
By Matthew Birt

MotoGP

05 January 2009 13:54

MotoGP team bosses believe a reduction in the number of MotoGP races would have little or no impact on slashing costs.

With the global credit crunch forcing the likes of Honda, Yamaha and Ducati to consider cost-cutting measures after Kawasaki’s shock intent to quit with immediate effect, one option touted was cutting the world championship calendar down from its current 18-race format.

The expansion of the MotoGP calendar to 18 races has tested resources, but most agree that a reduction would be a detrimental move.

Tech 3 Yamaha team boss Herve Poncharal, who also acts as International Race Teams Association president, would prefer the season to be extended further. He said: “For me 18 races is not too much.

"I would prefer to have one more race than another two tests. When you go to test in Sepang, Qatar or Australia you don’t get paid. One hundred per cent of the cost is yours. When we race in Malaysia or Australia we are paid.”

Factory Ducati team boss Livio Suppo also said that the current format was crucial to help Dorna retain it level of financial investment in the teams, with the Spanish rights owners heavily subsidising some of the non-factory efforts.

“The Dorna contribution to the teams and manufacturers is growing and to do this they need to have revenue, and one way of doing that is to have more races. So this a compromise between how much Dorna contributes and how much we spend to go racing, “said Suppo.

Suzuki boss Paul Denning though believes the savings made by cutting at least three races would have a benefit.

“The most obvious way to reduce costs would be to reduce the quantity of races. I think a reduction to 15 races would see a reasonable cost saving for everybody involved and it would not negatively affect sponsorship revenues that a team can offer. If you are offering a global marketing proposition based across 15 races I don’t think it will make a significant difference to those revenues compared to 18 races, “Denning told MCN.

tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :
30 / 10030 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz on Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:57 am

Factory Fortunes: Honda´s 2009 lineup
Wednesday, 07 January 2009

The riders attempting to bring the MotoGP World Championship back to Japan in 2009.

Once again Honda have the most bikes on the MotoGP grid, with six RC212Vs set to rev up for the opening race of the year. The factory version of the machine will be used by Dani Pedrosa for his latest assault on the title, but this time he will have a new rival on the other side of his garage. Andrea Dovizioso joins the Repsol Honda team for his second season in the class, handing over the oldest version of the Japanese bike to newcomer Yuki Takahashi.

San Carlo Honda Gresini will have a near-factory machine for returning rider Toni Elias, who partners Alex de Angelis, whilst Randy de Puniet continues with LCR Honda for a second year.

tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :
30 / 10030 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz on Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:14 pm

Factory Fortunes: Suzuki´s 2009 lineup
Tuesday, 06 January 2009

Youth and experience combine for second season together on GSV-R machinery.

Despite tentative enquiries as to the possibility of a third bike, Suzuki will stick with a two-strong lineup for the upcoming campaign. Loris Capirossi and Chris Vermeulen remain onboard the project, looking for an improvement with the GSV-R in order to put race wins on the board. Both riders are hungry for victory, having taken their last triumphs in 2007, and Suzuki will be working hard over the winter to give them a bike capable of the task.

tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :
30 / 10030 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz on Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:17 pm

Factory Fortunes: Ducati´s 2009 lineup
Thursday, 08 January 2009

Past, present and future title challengers make up Ducati´s squadron for 2009.

A unique factory lineup of two former MotoGP World Champions is the jewel in the crown of Ducati´s 2009 project, as the Italian team partner Casey Stoner with new addition Nicky Hayden onboard the Desmosedici GP9. Riders making their debut in the premier class feature in a reshuffled Alice Team, Mika Kallio paired with former test rider Niccolo Canepa.

There will also be an extra Ducati on the MotoGP grid in 2009, that of Sete Gibernau and the Onde 2000 satellite team providing the Spaniard with a comeback opportunity after two years away from the action.

tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :
30 / 10030 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz on Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:23 pm

Factory Fortunes: Yamaha´s 2009 lineup
Friday, 09 January 2009

2008 Constructors World Champions Yamaha under the microscope.

Yamaha are one of only two MotoGP factories to name an unchanged lineup for 2009, both in the Fiat-sponsored official team and the Tech 3 satellite squad. Last year´s winners of the Constructors World Championship field 2008 MotoGP titlist Valentino Rossi alongside title aspirant Jorge Lorenzo, with James Toseland and Colin Edwards as their supporting cast.

After a successful year for all four riders, the quartet can expect big things from the upcoming season –as shown in testing at the end of 2008.

tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :
30 / 10030 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz on Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:58 pm

MotoGP blog: MotoGP in crisis
By Matthew Birt

MotoGP

07 January 2009 16:01

Kawasaki’s bombshell decision to quit MotoGP was a wake up call of Big Ben proportions for the racing world.

Well for MotoGP at least, which had previously seemed impregnable to the global economic crisis that has seen Kawasaki join the likes of Honda’s F1 team, Subaru’s World Rally squad and Woolworths!

I don’t particularly blame Kawasaki despite it signing a contract assuring everyone that it would be involved until the end of 2011 at least.

As the bean counters sit in more and more fraught budgets meetings in Japan, it is inevitable that somebody in the Kawasaki boardroom would start wondering whether a rumoured outlay of £40m to finish last was a worthwhile exercise.

It is surprising given that Kawasaki has no major presence in World Superbikes but finishing last every week could be argued to be detrimental to the brand.

It is hardly a major shock though given the current economic climate where established and once highly profitable organisations are calling in the administrators faster than you can say credit crunch.

And frankly in MotoGP the wounds are all self-inflicted.

And the biggest perpetrator in my view is the Motorcycle Sport Manufacturers Association (MSMA), an organisation that operates at a level of secrecy to shame James Bond.

With no public accountability and a reluctance to speak in public that would embarrass the most hardcore recluse, the manufacturers have contributed to their own downfall by sanctioning rule changes that just forced costs to escalate.

Rules have been introduced that have been detrimental to the factories chequebooks and equally as destructive on the sporting spectacle.

Without a global economic crisis to focus the minds this plan seemed justified. But the onset of financial doom has shown the fancy free spending sprees that MotoGP embarked on was an exercise akin to driving a JCB on thin ice.

The switch from 990cc to 800cc forced the manufacturers to invest more money when the quest to bring in new investment was becoming increasingly harder.

The test now is how MotoGP reacts. This is a golden opportunity now to learn from F1 and implement sweeping changes to preserve the sport.

The FIA recently sanctioned a raft of changes to slash budgets in F1 to save the sport from disappearing into a financial chasm. MotoGP has to do the same.

Motorcycling’s equivalent – the FIM – though has nothing like the same influence and power over major decisions, particularly when it comes to the rule book.

A major weakness of Carmelo Ezpeleta’s strategy has been to transfer too much power to engineers and the result is the prospects of a 17-rider grid in 2009.

Hardly value for money for a TV and live audience, and with barely any new investment coming into the sport, the future doesn’t look particularly rosy. If teams can’t rely on sponsors to form a big part of their budget, then making racing more affordable is the only option.

The big issue too is that if you try and dumb down the MotoGP rules to slash expenditure then you are left with World Superbikes. So for how much longer can the two co-exist?

If minds were already focused on cost-cutting, the budgets will be dissected with microscopic scrutiny from now on.

Another test of Ezpeleta’s mettle will be how he deals with Kawasaki’s quit and run tactic.

If Kawasaki did agree a deal to supply bikes until the end of 2011, then the punishment for reneging on the deal must be swift and severe. Without it, what’s to stop another factory following suit.

I bet Ezpeleta is privately seething at Kawasaki, not least because it is well known that Dorna has invested heavily even in factory teams to safeguard the number of entries.

A Dorna mounted financial rescue package would also be dangerous territory for Dorna to tread.

By bailing out Kawasaki, Ezpeleta would open the floodgates, and justifiably the likes of Suzuki and Ducati would be banging his door down looking for their own slice of the kitty.

This week’s crisis meeting in Japan is a watershed moment for MotoGP.

Viable plans to sustain and increase grid numbers have to be thrashed out. Engine development might need limiting, electronics might need cutting, rev limits might need introducing, riders wages might need capping, cheap and competitive lease bikes might need to be mass produced, the calendar might need hacking.

It’s a brave new world we must all accept, even the MSMA, though they won’t tell you that.

tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :
30 / 10030 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz on Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:06 pm

Tech 3 bosses urges caution on rule changes
By Matthew Birt

MotoGP

09 January 2009 12:09

James Toseland’s Tech 3 Yamaha boss Herve Poncharal believes it will be hard for MotoGP to radically revamp technical rules to counter the impact of the credit crisis.

Several suggestions have been put forward to help MotoGP cut costs in the wake of Kawasaki’s exit from the series.

They include a rev limit, a freeze on engine development and banning carbon brakes following a crisis summit of the Motorcycle Sport Manufacturers Association in Japan this week.

But Poncharal believes there will be limits on what engineers can change because of the production-based World Superbike series.

In Formula One recently, the FIA unveiled plans to introduce standard engines and gearboxes in 2010 to limit costs, but Poncharal believes replicating such bold steps is impossible for MotoGP.

He told MCN: “Formula One can do this because it is the stand alone leader in car racing. But it is hard to implement such changes in MotoGP because of World Superbikes.

"An M1 and R1 in black carbon look the same, and if we want to cut technical costs then we face a big problem because WSB is sport production and we are prototype.

"If we want to reduce the costs then you’ll end up closing in on the spec of a World Superbike. It is creating a problem for us to reduce the technical costs but it is something that has got to be looked at given the current situation.”

tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :
30 / 10030 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs James Toseland on Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:34 pm

TAM LOOK WHO READ WHAT YOU SAID

Obama Speech on MotoGP
Thursday, January 08, 2009

On Thursday Jan8, 2009 President-elect Barack Obama concluded a heartfelt speech regarding the state of the economy and how he plans to make sure a resilient America rise above all the gloom and doom of our ailing economic state of being. I wonder though: Is it fair that this is our only concern? Isn't there more than just money matters to contend with these days? Just read what he says here and tell me that there are not some racing-related undertones to these historic words from our new leader:

"We are still the nation that has overcome great fears and improbable odds. If we act with the urgency and seriousness that this moment requires, I know that we can do it again." - Barack Obama. This is the exact type of pep talk we need over at Dorna. The series survived without Kawasaki and Ducati for decades so why can't they do it now? Sure, there's not enough bikes to fill the grid per FIM contract, but who cares. I mean if that really is the problem then why doesn't Dorna and the FIM come together and create a super-series like

Imagine Rossi vs The World. Do you think he has ever been willing to give an inch? nothing anyone has ever seen before.

Although we are not sure if Obama is talking about the state of the American economy or the state of MotoGP, at this point we do know this: The MotoGP paddock is in serious trouble too. Unfortunately, anything short of an economic infusion for Alice Ducati, Monster Kawasaki - and if the latest rumors that Rizla Suzuki is considering pulling out are true - even some bailout cash might not be enough to save the series at this point.

As a profound optimist - there could be some light at the end of the tunnel. Like my childhood friend N'uff used to say...What if: We combine the MotoGP riders with World Superbike, creating an international motorcycle-racing super-series? Imagine how bad-ass that would be! Grand Prix's biggest star Valentino Rossi would get his wish and could compete in what he himself described as the more action packed racing afforded by competing on superbikes. It would more exciting than any Marvel Team-Up this side of when Spider-Man and the X-Men battled Juggernaut. Don't you think? Imagine for a moment: Former American superbike champions Nicky Hayden and Ben Spies, World Superbike Champions Colin Edwards, James Toseland and Troy Corser battling against the evil multi-time 250GP champion Max Biaggi and the last two MotoGP champions Casey Stoner and Valentino

Bayliss knows a thing or two about how to be super hero. What about you?Rossi all lined up on one grid for a battle of epic proportions. It would certainly make for some epic racing. How can our future president deny that this could be the type of catalyst that turns the tide in the staggered motorcycle industry?

Hell, this might even entice Troy Bayliss to come play in a couple rounds too just to satisfy the Rossi vs. Bayliss argument once and for all. Come on Obama, use some hardball diplomacy or threat of nuclear destruction to make this happen. Imagine how glorious the first 100 days of office would be if you implemented a college football playoff system and created the greatest road-racing series of all time! Please, sir, we don't want to see a mere 15-17 MotoGP bikes compared to a world superbike grid bursting at the seams with talent.

I know the odds of something like this happening are slim to none but hey, can you blame a racing fan for his wishful thinking?

]
Mrs James Toseland
Mrs James Toseland
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 927
Forum award points :
20 / 10020 / 100

Mood :
Registration date : 2008-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz on Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:51 pm

Ducati to make official presentation at annual Wrooom event
Monday, 12 January 2009

Italian factory return to Madonna di Campiglio to unveil 2009 MotoGP project.

Ducati´s 2009 factory team lineup make their first public appearance of the year this week, as part of the five-day Wrooom festival in the Italian ski resort of Madonna di Campiglio. Casey Stoner and Nicky Hayden will take part in the official Ducati Marlboro team presentation, unveiled alongside the Desmosedici GP9 with which both will be gunning for a second MotoGP title.

The Wrooom event has been a regular fixture on the motorsport calendar for 19 years, a fact commemorated by the inauguration of a special gallery on Monday. Alongside historical records, the present is also represented by the addition of the Desmosedici and Ferrari F1 prototypes available for fans to view up close.

Stoner and Hayden will be the stars of the show on Tuesday, as the two former MotoGP World Champions sign autographs and participate in a press conference together. Also fielding questions from the media will be Ducati Corse head Claudio Domenicali, who will speak about and then pull the covers off the Desmosedici GP9.

Starved of racing action since late October, the Ducati MotoGP riders will be up against Ferrari F1 counterparts Felipe Massa and Kimi Raikkonen in the annual go kart race that closes the Wrooom event. The likes of Michael Schumacher and Loris Capirossi have been previous entrants in the good-spirited karting contest in recent years.

tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :
30 / 10030 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz on Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:47 am

Ducati and Enel renew sponsorship deal until 2010
Wednesday, 14 January 2009

Italian electricity company continue support of MotoGP factory team.

MotoGP powerhouse Ducati and Enel, Italy´s largest electricity company have announced the extension of their partnership deal until 2010, with the latter´s logo to be featured on Ducati factory team riders Casey Stoner and Nicky Hayden´s bikes, leathers and helmets.

Enel is also the the official energy provider for Ducati at their factory in Borgo Panigalle. The Italian company´s projects also include involvement in swimming, tennis and basketball.

Riello UPS, part of the Riello Elettronica Group, has also increased its sponsorship of Ducati for the coming season, with their logo to be displayed on the rider´s leathers in addition to the front and rear fenders of the Desmosedici.

tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :
30 / 10030 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz on Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:51 am

Desmosedici GP9 specifics explained at Ducati launch
Wednesday, 14 January 2009

Ducati chief Claudio Domenicali outlined the improvements which have been made to the Desmosedici GP9 in preparation for the 2009 MotoGP World Championship, at the Ducati Wrooom event in Italy.

With the Desmosedici GP9 officially unveiled to the press at Ducati´s annual Wrooom event in the Italian ski resort of Madonna di Campiglio this week, Ducati Corse CEO and Ducati Motor Holding Product Director Claudio Domenicali has explained the updates that have been made to the machinery ahead of the 2009 season.

The Italian boss told the media on Wednesday, `The new bike is a major change, and it is the first time for many years that we are changing our concept. The trellis frame is part of the Ducati DNA, we have done lots of tests, and there are lots more still to do, but it seems to us that it is the right way to go.´

He continued, `It presents us with quite an innovative structure, with the new carbon fibre frame linking the upper part of the engine with the steering block. It´s complex image-wise, as the trellis frame has been the basis of our bikes for a long time, but it also demonstrates that the best solutions can come from innovation. The old style frame is still good and will continue to be in our road-bikes but we are keen to test the new system.´

On the specifics of the 2009 motor itself Domenicali revealed the that the work of Filippo Preziosi, General Director of Ducati Corse, is ongoing, stating, `In the engine itself we are working on new mapping settings, and we are trying to flatten out the torque curve as much as possible. We want to make the engine as driveable as possible, we have the power, but we are now focusing on a linear engine response.´

The factory leader also explained that cost control also affects the current engine development philosophy, noting, `Along with the other members of the MSMA we are working on making changes, mainly for 2010, to improve the economic situation mainly for the satellite teams but also for the sport in general. It is important to have strict cost control and balance as much as possible the costs versus the revenues, and all manufacturers have to find this common goal.´

`We think one way of doing this may be to make the engines last longer, to last more races. This will help reduce costs significantly. Currently we get about 600-800km out of one engine, but we hope to be able to double that.´

Speaking openly about the figures involved in the Ducati racing programme Domenicali said, `Out of our budget of 40 million euros, about 70-75% is dedicated to the MotoGP project, but we must not forget that in amongst that is revenue from sponsors, from organisers and from licensing. We think we have a good balance but know that most important is to look at the management costs to try and reduce them.´

Giving his opinion on what had prevented Casey Stoner and the Ducati team from retaining the MotoGP crown which was won so spectacularly in 2007 Domenicali acknowledged the brilliance of one of his compatriots as the key factor, declaring, `If we had not encountered Valentino Rossi in our way last year we would have been there again. He found incredible strength and all credit to him for that. Casey Stoner is still young and has a massive potential for growth and improvement, and he and the team will learn from last year.´

The major news in the Ducati camp this winter has been the arrival of another big star amongst their ranks, namely Nicky Hayden, of whom Domenicali enthused, `We are very happy to have Nicky in our squad as we have wanted him for a long time. He is a World Champion, a real fighter and I think he will be a perfect partner to Casey. They can communicate well and he is also very fast so he will push Casey along too.´

`It was hard at first in the tests for him, but on the final day in Jerez we were very happy with the results and look forward to testing once again in February. Our bike is peculiar, we know this, and we know that not all riders have always got on with it, but we know it can go fast and think Nicky is capable of doing that.´

Meanwhile, describing the relationship with the factory´s satellite partners and the decision to run five bikes in 2009 Domenicali admitted, `The satellite GP9 will not be exactly the same bike as the factory machines, but it is very similar. It will look practically the same and will be able to do good races. Having the input from five riders instead of two is of course a help, but it will be Filippo who will make the decisions on which direction we go with the machine.´

tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :
30 / 10030 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz on Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:02 am

Casey Stoner and Nicky Hayden unveil 2009 Ducati
By Matthew Birt

MotoGP

15 January 2009 16:34

After snow caused the official unveiling of Ducati’s GP9 machine to be postponed yesterday (Wednesday), Casey Stoner and Nicky Hayden finally got round to showing off the new bike in public for the first time today.

The bike was rolled out against the spectacular backdrop of the mountains surrounding the Madonna di Campiglio ski resort in Italy.

Today also gave American Hayden his first chance to properly reacquaint himself with skiing as he took to the slopes for the first time in over a decade.

And as these pictures show, he clearly enjoyed the experience.

tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :
30 / 10030 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz on Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:06 am

Unity on cost cuts crucial for MotoGP future
By Matthew Birt

MotoGP

19 January 2009 10:40

Ducati race boss Claudio Domenicali reckons unity between the major factories will help MotoGP successfully ride the current global economic storm.

Domenicali said an agreement for extending engine life was close to being agreed by the Motorcycle Sport Manufacturers Association.

“The goal is very clear. We have a state of recession so we must have very strict costs control to cut down costs. It is easier to find the solution if we can all find an agreement together as manufacturers.

"We are close to an agreement on increasing the life of the engine. If one answer is to go to 17,000rpm or changing to other components then this will be left to decisions taken by each manufacturer.

"The important thing is we guarantee the duration of the engine is going to be much longer. Right now it is free and you can change an engine when you want. This solution should allow us to cut down on the costs for the engine.”

Domenicali said the current tune on Ducati’s GP9 meant it needed changing between every 600 and 800ks.

He said the minimum requirement under radical cost cutting plans to protect MotoGP must see that figure at least doubled.

“Today engine life depends on each manufacturer. Some engines might only do 400ks but on average we do between 600 and 800ks with our engine.

"But the goal is to double that number, “said Domenicali, who said Ducati was looking to overhaul the running costs its MotoGP effort, which is believed to swallow up a massive 75 per cent of Ducati Corse’s total budget.

“We are going to decrease the management costs of the team. For us that means cutting down costs for team management to increasing development costs.

"We will shift the money taken away from the team to research. If the satellite teams decreases its costs then it maybe easier to have more bikes on the track.

"The goal is to reduce the management costs, so like the number of engines used, how many bikes are needed and the spare parts.”

tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :
30 / 10030 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz on Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:09 am

Ducati Desmosedici GP9 officially unveiled to press
Thursday, 15 January 2009

Ducati Marlboro´s 2009 bike presented at Madonna di Campiglio.

Events in Madonna di Campiglio saw the unveiling of the Desmosedici GP9 on Thursday afternoon, with the covers pulled from the new livery at the Wrooom event.

Riders Casey Stoner and Nicky Hayden were introduced following a `Parkour´ display at the Italian ski resort, introducing the Desmosedici GP9 to the gathered press. Also present were MotoGP Project Director, Livio Suppo, and official test rider Vittoriano Guareschi.

Video footage of the unveiling can be seen FREE on motogp.com. The Wrooom event concludes tomorrow.

tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :
30 / 10030 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz on Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:24 pm

Gresini targets return to winning ways
Tuesday, 20 January 2009

San Carlo Honda Gresini boss placing hopes in Toni Elias and factory-spec RC212V.

More than two years have passed since Fausto Gresini´s satellite Honda team took their last MotoGP victory, a record that the Italian is eager to erase in 2009. The former two-time 125cc World Champion has brought back Toni Elias –the man who gave him that most recent victory at the 2006 Portuguese Grand Prix- for the task, and has set out his goal for the upcoming campaign in no uncertain terms.

`After a difficult 2008, our objective is to fight with the best. Only one rider can win, but this season we are riding for the top step of the podium,´ says Gresini, whose San Carlo Honda Gresini outfit took a best result of fourth place last year.

Always high up in the pecking order for Honda parts, the team have this year captured the rights to a factory-spec RC212V for Elias. The Spaniard is yet to test with the machine –his first of its kind in his MotoGP career- having ridden the standard 2009 satellite bike for his initial testing runs. That situation is set to change on February 5th, at the first test of the year in Sepang.

`Work will start on Toni´s bike this week, and we will definitely have it ready for Sepang,´ explains Gresini. `It´s going to be a very similar machine to that used by the factory riders, a competitive bike that leaves me calm and positive about what 2009 will bring.

`(Second rider) Alex de Angelis had a difficult first year, but I also think that he can do better this year with his extra experience.´

Gresini´s lineup choices had also seen him make contact with former collaborator Marco Melandri, who may be ruing his decision to turn down the offer as his MotoGP future remains up in the air. Whilst there is no room for sentiment in the cutthroat world of premier class competition, Gresini has expressed his best wishes for his ex-protégé.

`It would be a sin if two riders of the calibre of Melandri and John Hopkins (another rider left with an uncertain future after Kawasaki´s announcement of factory team withdrawal from MotoGP) were to sit out the year.´

tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :
30 / 10030 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs James Toseland on Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:19 pm

Fiat Yamaha´s 2009 project presented online on February 2nd
Monday, 26 January 2009

Yamaha factory team collaborate with motogp.com for first online look at new YZR-M1.

The machine with which Fiat Yamaha will defend their team and individual rider titles in 2009, the YZR-M1, will be unveiled next Monday (February 2nd) in a special presentation that is an online broadcast exclusive for motogp.com.

MotoGP World Champion Valentino Rossi and teammate Jorge Lorenzo will feature alongside their 800cc bike, and interviews with the duo, Team Managers Davide Brivio & Daniele Romagnoli and Yamaha Motor Racing Managing Director Lin Jarvis will be available free-of-charge on motogp.com from 12pm CET.

For Lorenzo, the event is also a chance to reveal the `number 99´ design that he has chosen for the 2009 campaign. The Spaniard has left behind the 48 plate with which he has competed for the vast majority of his racing career, and promises an eye-catching new motif for his sophomore year in MotoGP.

Technical details of the YZR-M1 and the Fiat Yamaha team structure will also be made available and summarised on motogp.com.

A chance to see the bike and riders in person will come at the official team press conference proper on March 27th, the day before the MotoGP riders take to the track at the Official MotoGP Test in Jerez.

]
Mrs James Toseland
Mrs James Toseland
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Forum award points :
20 / 10020 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs James Toseland on Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:23 pm

Bridgestone sign three-year agreement as single MotoGP tyre supplier
Monday, 26 January 2009

Tyre company to provide rubber for premier class in 2009, 2010 and 2011.

MotoGP Official Tyre Supplier Bridgestone have put pen to paper on a final contract for their debut as sole tyre provider for the next three seasons. The Japanese factory will start their term this year, following a tender process established in 2008.

`In these turbulent times of economic crisis, Bridgestone is delighted to be working positively with Dorna to make an exciting contribution to MotoGP,´ said Bridgestone Motorosport Director Hiroshi Yasukawa of the announcement. `We are dedicated to our support of MotoGP and being chosen as the official tyre supplier shows the high regard in which we are held by the sport in which we have been involved since 2002. Our participation in MotoGP is an important element of our position as the foremost tyre supplier in motorsport.´

Carmelo Ezpeleta, CEO of MotoGP rights holders Dorna, added that `We are delighted to have secured Bridgestone as sole tyre supplier for all teams in the MotoGP class of the FIM World Championship for the next three years. Bridgestone is a company with a fantastic reputation and they make an outstanding contribution to motorsport. We strongly believe that this new agreement is very positive as it will simultaneously reduce costs and increase competition in MotoGP.´

The first all-Bridgestone MotoGP World Championship race will take place on April 12th at Losail, the season-opening Commercialbank Grand Prix of Qatar.

]
Mrs James Toseland
Mrs James Toseland
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Forum award points :
20 / 10020 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs James Toseland on Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:24 pm

Stoner: `Late-2008 form repeat will be enough to beat Rossi´
Monday, 26 January 2009

Ducati rider believes expected title contenders have what it takes to defeat six-time champ.

2008 MotoGP World Champion Valentino Rossi may be the bookies favourite for the premier class title this season, but the Italian is a beatable foe for the rest of the riders on the grid. The last man to do so, ex-titlist Casey Stoner, has a reasoned outlook on the chances of coming home ahead of the Fiat Yamaha rider, based on his performances at the end of last year.

`To beat Valentino we don´t need anything more than what we had at the end of last season,´ stated Stoner at the recent Wrooom event. `If things go right then we know that we are fast enough to win. We´re not alone either; Dani (Pedrosa) can do it, Jorge (Lorenzo) can do it, and there´s probably a couple of others that can push us as well.´

With that in mind, don´t expect outlandish excuses from Stoner should he fall behind in the title chase. Short shrift will also be given to anyone putting their poor form down to lack of familiarity with their 2009 bikes.

`I think that people use the excuse of lack of testing a bit too much. A bike´s got two wheels, handlebars, brakes, gears and the clutch,´ says the Australian, who missed the last test of the year at Jerez following wrist surgery.

`You´ve probably got to get a little used to the feeling and direction of the setup, but four days of testing before a season is enough.´

Cutting down critics before they have time to crow, Stoner is playing down any advantage that he may have as the most experienced Bridgestone rider of the expected title contenders. The Japanese tyre manufacturer will be providing a level playing field for the single-tyre regulated 2009 season, and their first ever MotoGP World Champion feels that the only benefit of his long association with Bridgestone will come from Ducati´s existing working methods.

`The single tyre will make people have to work a lot harder on setup, rather than just throwing on a set of tyres that make things feel better. This will be good for us in a way, because we´ve always worked around things and maybe had harder tyres when everyone else is on softer rubber.´

Stoner returns to testing on February 5th in Sepang, where he will ride for the first time since going under the knife in November.

]
Mrs James Toseland
Mrs James Toseland
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Forum award points :
20 / 10020 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tassiedevil on Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:41 am

I'm a testing race official for Suzuki on the 17th to the 18th of Feb..

Dammit, i was hoping Nicky Hayden would be testing the duke there but it's damn Suzuki !
tassiedevil
tassiedevil
International woman of mystery
International woman of mystery

Number of posts : 198
Forum award points :
20 / 10020 / 100

Mood :
Registration date : 2008-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tammerz on Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:39 am

lmao
will you get loris and chris's autographs for me?

tammerz
tammerz
Administrator
Administrator

Forum award points :
30 / 10030 / 100

Mood :

View user profile

Back to top Go down